No Vexilar? No new PB Laker!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: No Vexilar? No new PB Laker!

Post by Tip-up »

Great fish Rob! Congrats.
Haulin Bass
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Haulin Bass »

A screamer for sure Congrats on that beast. Looks like you might have to go to a 10 inch hole to get her next year. :D
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

Was great to be there for this one!
finally sliding my hand under that gill plate was the most relieving feeling!!
If i woulda messed that one up i think it woulda been a long walk home :lol: :lol:
congrats again buddy!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Chevy Champagne wrote:Was great to be there for this one!
finally sliding my hand under that gill plate was the most relieving feeling!!
If i woulda messed that one up i think it woulda been a long walk home :lol: :lol:
congrats again buddy!
There was a moment when I asked Chevy if he was sure he could get the job done. "I gotter, no problem." He did, took only that suckas nose poking up the hole 6 inches and she was done.

RJ
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

Nice Laker !
chappee77
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by chappee77 »

Dandy!
Grizzly Grub
Participant
Participant

Post by Grizzly Grub »

RJ wrote:
"This past week was yet another piece of evidence that the use of a flasher 100% of the time gives you an edge on the ice."

"Without knowing what was happening under the ice as it was all going down this fish likely would have never made the photo shoot. Glad she did."

"American Express says “Don’t leave home without it”, well you could always borrow a few bucks from a buddy. No buddy is going to lend you his Vexilar if he’s fishing along side you!"

RJ

I absolutely couldn't agree with you more RJ! I had a major PB this year with the whitefish I caught in back in December. Not only was it a personal best for myself coming in at 27", 6lbs2oz...but according to Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters it was the largest "registered" Whitefish caught in the whole province of Ontario in 2014.
Now I %100 contribute that catch to my Vex FLX-28. I played around with that bugger down 35 feet or so for a good half hour before he went for that tube jig, he was ever so lightly nibbling on it every 3-4 minutes...had I not noticed the behaviour on my vex, the way he would slowly rise up from the bottom, I would've presumed it to be some dinky little rockbass playing around and would've moved on elsewhere. That Vexilar was telling me a story to stick around and keep with it, sure glad I did :-)
ImageImage
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Beauty BR Ghost!

RJ