What a week on the water!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

What a week on the water!!

Post by Chevy Champagne »

My first trip of the week was with Rj Thursday for lakers you all now know the story there!! just a giant fish that I am supper glad to of been a part of!
Naturally when you see a fish like that you gotta go back!! So I packed up the gear and headed back out there Saturday with my mom hoping to get her on her on her first big laker through the ice! I was skunked again but my goal was a success! Mid way through the day I look over to see my mom working a fish on the vex next thing I know her rod is doubled over with drag screaming out and my mom just freaking out! :lol: :lol:
after an amazing fight which my mom handled like a pro and a couple little mishaps i was able to reach down and gill the big sucka!!

This was truly a day I will never forget! ill let the pics do the talking 8)

after all that excitement I needed to take Sunday off and just chill..
Luckily I have three day weekends and all the conditions were just screaming for me to go for a drive..... and maybe even bend a long rod 8)
got to my favorite trib early and she was COOOLLLLDD!
cold enough for our best pool to be frozen solid :shock: No problem we quickly jumped into the water and broke the spot up and sent a few big iceburgs down river!
Around a hour later we were ready to fish and our hard work paid off! We honestly lost count of how many fish we hooked and landed just crazy when you time everything right!
All our fish were between 5-7 pounds and it was just so crazy with double headers, re tieing, landing fish and just having such a great time we didnt take many pics at all here are a couple that we snapped quick between the madness

not sure whats on the agenda for this week but i'm gonna need to let my arm rest a bit shes sore from fighting fish :shock:
ill be back on the ice soon im sure!!
tight lines, chevy
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: What a week on the water!!

Post by Fishoholic »

Whatta week man! That was priceless seeing your mom land that one I tell ya what haha. Wicked report, here's to next week lol!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Ya watching MOMMY shake like a leaf with excitment was priceless .....gotta love newbies getting into a beast!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

:shock: :shock: Awesome!!!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

Great report and pics Chevy, way to put moms onto a crazy big laker :D
Lenny
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lenny »

Nice fish man!!Hate to sound like a jerk but keep the steelies off the bank unless you're keeping them, it removes all of their slime. That last photo is a perfect hold. Good angling bud!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

oh oh the fish hawk police is watching you again!!
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

fishin mission wrote:oh oh the fish hawk police is watching you again!!
Why? Because someone is giving advice about proper handling of a fish? If I saw you on a lake and you were mishandling a fish, damn right I would say something to you. The guy wasn't being rude; just offering advice. Do you not think that the lakes and rivers we fish including what's in it is not for everyone to enjoy???

Come on man!
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Beauty laker for yer Mom dude!! :D :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Hahaha funny stuff. Pretty sure he kept one or two and knows how to handle fish...always good to reiterate things like that though because there are a lot of people new to fishing that check out this site. Us guys who fish a lot might take some of that knowledge we have for granted wheras a new fisherman may just not know better. The beauty of fishhawk, I know I've learned a ton on here!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

If I saw you on a lake and you were mishandling a fish, damn right I would say something to you.
and you would be told where to go !! do not collect 200 dollars do not past go!!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Great post Chevy! Awesome pics! Congrats to Mom 8-)

To whom it may concern;

If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Lenny wrote:Nice fish man!!Hate to sound like a jerk but keep the steelies off the bank unless you're keeping them, it removes all of their slime. That last photo is a perfect hold. Good angling bud!
Tell that to EVERY steelheader that has ever taken a photo. NO steelheader hasn't taken a photo of a fish laying beside their prized pin.

Carry on.

Great fishin dude!

RJ
Lenny
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lenny »

RJ wrote:
Lenny wrote:Nice fish man!!Hate to sound like a jerk but keep the steelies off the bank unless you're keeping them, it removes all of their slime. That last photo is a perfect hold. Good angling bud!
Tell that to EVERY steelheader that has ever taken a photo. NO steelheader hasn't taken a photo of a fish laying beside their prized pin.

RJ
Will do :D
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

fishin mission wrote:
If I saw you on a lake and you were mishandling a fish, damn right I would say something to you.
and you would be told where to go !! do not collect 200 dollars do not past go!!
So you believe that if people are misshandeling fish that they should stay quiet about it? If I was mishandling fish and someone offered me advice on how to Handel a fish, I'd welcome that advice and so so should everyone