quebec license non resident

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: quebec license non resident

Post by Kerrazy »

Oh, and something that is really great on the QC side, many groups do a kids fishing day, where kids get get their very own FL good 'til they are 18, a fishing rod and a little bit of tackle to start them off.
The advantage to this FL, is now they do not fall under your possession limits.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Just read that the annual fishing license for a Non-resident is going up to $76,84 for 2015 /2016 So for Apr.1, 2015 to Mar. 31 2016.

Bigeyes25
The Ottawa river rules, you follow the rules depending on what side of the provincial border you fish in So if you fish Quebec side you can use 5 lines but only 2 on Ontario side. (Both Ont Sportfishing and Que license are good), the Ont Conservation license is not recognized on the Quebec side though, because they do not have a comparable license( might be different now that Quebec has a C&R license for about half price). Yes your kids can fish under your license but you share the possession limit with them. ( not like Ontario where an under 18 has his own Possession limit)
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

I am an Ontario resident who fishes mostly in Quebec. Over the last 20 years, I have seen the QC non-resident licence rate rise from around 50$ up to now 76$. :evil:

Honestly if it rose to 100$ I'd still pay up as for me, fishing in Quebec will always be worth it. That will definitely not be the case for some Ontario residents who will gradually stay away from Qc but all that means is more fish for me. :D
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
dodgeboy
Participant
Participant

Post by dodgeboy »

Kerrazy wrote:Zone 25 in Ontario zone 10 Quebec.
It's awesome how they work together to simplify things. Lol.

And yes even the possession limits, baits and amount of lines is inconsistent on the same body of water. Be careful.
If you are English and are not as diplomatic, well be prepared for some grief.
I highly recommend listening versus talking and take the approach of appreciating clarification, rather than challenging his concerns.

A little life advice that has served me well.
Everything south of 148 is zone 25
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

Can you buy the license now at the lower cost or do we have to wait until april 1st?
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

The lower priced one would expire Mar 31 2015. So you might as well wait.

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

[quote="Walleye'm Fishing"]I am an Ontario resident who fishes mostly in Quebec. Over the last 20 years, I have seen the QC non-resident licence rate rise from around 50$ up to now 76$. :evil:

Honestly if it rose to 100$ I'd still pay up as for me, fishing in Quebec will always be worth it. That will definitely not be the case for some Ontario residents who will gradually stay away from Qc but all that means is more fish for me. :D[/quote]

I think Quebec has some awesome fishing opportunities but I find that the fishing policies certainly discourage going there. I organize a couple of guys long weekend fishing excursions a year and have been for 20+ years. We don't go to the Quebec side often because it adds a fair bit of extra cost on to the weekend trip given everyone already has an Ontario licence.

Not saying it is any different here in Ontario as Quebecers would need a licence to fish as well. I do think that not have some form of reciprocal agreement with Ontario costs the respective tourism industries some money.
Jongy
Participant
Participant

Post by Jongy »

I have another scenario that needs to be addressed, I have a friend that has a cottage on the Quebec Side across from Petawawa, the fact that my car and boat is Ontario and I am staying on the Quebec side at the Cottage, do I need a Quebec License to fish the Ottawa River? Pending on who you talk to the answer is a 50/50 split
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Jongy no you don't need a Quebec fishing license to fish the Ottawa River and it doesn't matter where you launch your boat . All you need to do is too make sure that you follow the rules of the side of the border that you are fishing. If you intend to use minnows you will have to look into the Quebec regulations. I am not sure what the regulations are at the moment. I know that they are allowed(if bought in Quebec) in the Winter for ice fishing but I am not sure for open water season.

NewFlyGuy
Participant
Participant

Post by NewFlyGuy »

As a die hard fly-fisher I can hardly wait for the spring to get my Zec on! I love it that they close their lakes during the winter, and their bait restrictions, it makes for better fishing opportunities. So, I have four months to practice my casting and tie up some irresistible flies!
Dnbmike
Participant
Participant

Post by Dnbmike »

The ottawa river is zone 12 I think . Unless changed for 2016 regs . Was wondering if Qc residents can use live minnows on the ottawa river
Dnbmike
Participant
Participant

Post by Dnbmike »

Licences for Provincial Boundary Waters
Ontario-Quebec Boundary
Anglers may fish in the following waters with either an Ontario Resident Fishing Licence or a Quebec Resident Fishing Licence.
• Clarice Lake (48°20’N., 79°32’W.).
• Labyrinth Lake (48°14’N., 79°31’W.).
• RavenLake(48°03’N.,79°33’W.).
• LakeTimiskaming(47°20’N.,79°30’W.).
• OttawaRiver(45°34’N.,74°23’W.).
• LakeSt.Francis(45°08’N.,74°25’W.)andthewatersofthe
St. Lawrence River between the dam at the Robert H. Saunders Generating Station and the Ontario-Quebec boundary.
Ontario-Manitoba Boundary
Anglers may fish in the following waters with either an Ontario Resident Fishing Licence or a Manitoba Resident Fishing Licence.
• GarnerLake(50°48’N.,95°11’W.).
• DavidsonLake(50°21’N.,95°09’W.).
• RyersonLake(50°23’N.,95°09’W.).
• MantarioLake(49°95’N.,95°10’W.).
• FrancesLake(51°43’N.,95°08’W.).
• MoarLake(52°00’N.,95°07’W.).
• High Lake (49°42’N., 95°08’W.).
Limits in Boundary Waters
Anglers who fish in waters that lie both in Ontario and another province or state must include the total number of fish caught anywhere in those waters as part of the number caught and kept or possessed under the Ontario recreational fishing regulations when bringing those fish into Ontario.
You must honor the line and fish amounts of your liscence . And in the ont regs it says your aloud to fish creeks inlets or any body of water up to 400 or 500 meters with your ontario . And that is from shore not the imaginary line that runs down the middle
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

One thing to keep in mind when you are fishing on the Quebec side with an Ontario license. Quebec does not recognize the conservation license, so you need a full license.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Woodsman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Woodsman »

OntarioRider wrote:Does the quebec license work the same as Ontario's in that kids fall under their parent's license or do they need one as well?
In Ontario kids under 18 years of age (and are Canadian residents) do not fall under their parents license but are deemed to be full license holders themselves.
Only time children fall under someone's license is for non residents of Canada under 18 years old.