quebec license non resident

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

quebec license non resident

Post by tbone1088 »

I checked the quebec website and it says the cost is 67.55 for non-residents for one year of fishing. Is this the sticker AND the license all included or is there extra fees? Also are you allowed to use worms and leeches as live bait instead of minnows?
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Re: quebec license non resident

Post by flewdogg »

It's all inclusive. That's the fee and the tax. They have a cheap paper permit that you buy. They also give you a client card (also paper). No extra charge for that, as I recall. And the paper permit says you can't laminate it. So keep it dry!

Bonne chance!
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Post by flewdogg »

Oh, and worms allowed. Not sure about leeches.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

You can then fish Lac Yapad

"Yapad poison ici Jacques!"
Duper
Participant
Participant

Post by Duper »

We have a cottage near Buckingham and you can buy the non-res license at the Canadian Tire there. It's pretty much just a piece of receipt paper that you have to sign the back of and I think include your DOB. But it definitely says you cannot laminate it so I keep mine in a ziplok and has done the job for me.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

where can i get a copy of the regs for the quebec side? Also are kids allowed to fish without a license on the quebec side?
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Google Quebec fishing regulations. Zone 10 covers a lot of the area around ottawa on the Quebec side.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Oh ya and don't laminate because it turns the whole license black and useless. My buddy learnt the expensive way.
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

Does the quebec license work the same as Ontario's in that kids fall under their parent's license or do they need one as well?
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

I am pretty sure anyone in your immediate family can fish under your license in Quebec. For example your wife could be covered under your license. I recall reading that when I first started fishing there but that was a few years ago so I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that's how it works over there.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Here is the link:
http://mffp.gouv.qc.ca/english/publicat ... icence.asp

Quite a few qualifications for who can fish under your license.

Here is something I just noticed. There is a link to read the news releases ("actualitees") which are used to show any changes to fishing seasons or if any area gets closed due to a number of circumstances yet it says "in French only" and sure enough when you click the link you can only read the news releases in French. Well my French sucks but I can understand a little. Not really fair for a government publication to leave out the English, especially when it comes to rule changes that differ from the regulations but hey they make up their own rules over there. Imagine if the Ontatio regulations where published in "English only"!
Duper
Participant
Participant

Post by Duper »

tbone1088 wrote:where can i get a copy of the regs for the quebec side? Also are kids allowed to fish without a license on the quebec side?

Here is a link to the regs (zones, limits, seasons). The fishing seasons in Quebec run Arpil 1 - March 31 (not calendar year like in Ontario) So if you buy a license now it will be valid until March 31st of 2016. Make sure you select April 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016 on the option on the website. Zone 10 covers the waters closest to Ottawa.

http://peche.faune.gouv.qc.ca/#saison=1 ... droit=null
BIGEYES25
Participant
Participant

Post by BIGEYES25 »

Hey Guys,

All winter I have been wondering about getting a QC fishing permit. I recently moved close to the Ottawa River and I'm starting to fish it allot. I have heard that in QC your allowed 5 lines while ice fishing. If I have QC and ON permits, would I be allowed to fish the Ottawa with 5 lines in the winter or would I have to abide by the ON regs?
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

is the ottawa river zone 10 or zone 25?
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Zone 25 in Ontario zone 10 Quebec.
It's awesome how they work together to simplify things. Lol.

And yes even the possession limits, baits and amount of lines is inconsistent on the same body of water. Be careful.
If you are English and are not as diplomatic, well be prepared for some grief.
I highly recommend listening versus talking and take the approach of appreciating clarification, rather than challenging his concerns.

A little life advice that has served me well.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!