Fish Contaminant Program Survey

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Fish Contaminant Program Survey

Post by Lunker Larry »

Ontario’s Fish Contaminant Monitoring Program has been providing fish consumption advisories and contaminant data to partners for over 35 years. As one of our valued partners, we would appreciate your input on our program products and services, including the Guide to Eating Ontario Fish and fish contaminant data. Attached you will find a program description for reference. Please fill out this short (<10 min) survey to let us know how we are
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fcmp-feedback.

Larry
FMZ12 Rep
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Fish Contaminant Program Survey

Post by Yannick Loranger »

Done. Thanks Larry for your continuing efforts.
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Fish Contaminant Program Survey

Post by scarkner »

The guide is also a great resource for figuring out what fish are actually well-and-truly present in which water body since they only report on fish they actually have caught and tested. For example, my cottage lake the MNR says has walleye because they were stocked in there about 30 years ago, none remain. This is reflected in the guide to eating chart which shows no walleye.

I also keep soft copies of old versions, it is interesting to compare the guide from 5 years ago and see how things have generally improved in all the water bodies I fish.

Very useful guide.