Towey's Bayt and Tackle closing Sale

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
rustyhook
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Towey's Bayt and Tackle closing Sale

Post by rustyhook »

It is with regret that I will be closing the tackle store in Arnprior at the end of April. My lease is up at the end of April and we have decided not to extend the lease. I will just be wholesaling bait(minnows, worms and Leeches) to my customers and no longer retailing bait or tackle. This week I have invited a select few to come in first and anyone with a gift card can come in early. If you have a gift card text or call me at 613 401-6721 to arrange a time to come in. If you can't make it in this week I can set aside items over the phone. Next week Starting Wednesday April 8th I will be doing a %40 off sale on everything in the store. We were doing the math today and most items will be more than %60 off as all new tackle has gone up %16 to %25 from last years prices due to the Canadian dollar(so everyone says). I really think we are getting taken to the cleaners on all this market turmoil. After everything is picked through I will do a %50 off sale the last week but I'd probably come in for both as things will go quickly.
I have really enjoyed growing and being able to meet all those great people that have visited my store. I will see lots of people out on the tournament trails and probably from time to time at my customers stores. Also will probably get the crap scared out of me a few more times as people honk when they see me checking traps :)
I do have to also thank my wife as she was and is always supportive and let me pursue my dream of owning my own business. It is time to let my wife take over the retail side. She is expanding and adding another location to her store and with her 3 stores it is just too much to have mine. We have been busy the last 2 weeks with major renovations at her new Arnprior location. She was new business of the year in Renfrew and I'm sure she will be just as successful in Arnprior. you can check her out in Renfrew on the main drag and in about 2 weeks in Arnprior. If you get a chance check her out on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ADashofFab.
also if anyone/or you know anyone who is interested in retailing bait in Arnprior let me know as there will be a gap until someone picks it up. I have tanks, filters and equipement and can help out whoever would like to do this pretty quickly and save loads of trial and error.

Thanks
Terry Runtz
Towey's bait (everyone asks why Towey's. I live on Towey's Bay and started the store from my house on Towey's Bay. It was also my grandparents name and the bay and my store was named after them)
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Towey's Bayt and Tackle closing Sale

Post by lape0019 »

Always sucks to hear of small businesses closing. Fortunately for you, it sounds like you have a really good reason.

Good luck on your future endeavours!

Adam
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Good luck on your future endeavors!

Shawn.D
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
barblessbob
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by barblessbob »

really sad to hear this. we moved to the area 4 yrs ago and support the local economy as much as we possibly could. this was may go to shop for baits and musky lures.
i enjoyed the shop alot.
thanks for the service and i hope everything works for you in the future

bob
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Being that Towey's was a site supporter in the past we are saddened to hear the news, though it seems like there may be a silver lining with your wife's success.

All the best in the future!

RJ
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

Sorry to hear that Terry,it's a tough go for alot of small business' in Ontario,the cost of operating is enormous,,,but you may be creating a better situation ,by pooling your resources with your wife,and still maintaining the bait business,and your freedom to be self employed,,I wish you the best!!
MichaelVandenberg
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MichaelVandenberg »

Sorry to hear the news of you choosing to close Towey's Bait and Tackle Terry. All the best with your wife's endeavors. Maybe you'll have more time to fish now :wink: .

Mike
rustyhook
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by rustyhook »

Just a reminder that Starting today until Saturday everything left in the store is now %50. There are a couple of Left hand trolling reels left and about 5 rods. There is still a number of soft plastic, spoons and crank baits. Line is picked through but there is still some left. Examples are Garry Yamamoto is now $4.50 a bag, Last years retail was $8.99 and it currently retails for $10.99 if I were to replace it. Probably about 220 bags left in various colours. Half the colours are already gone but still lots of colour choices left. Will be leech trapping starting next week so this Saturday will be the last day to get any of this tackle at %50 discount.