new gear time!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

new gear time!!!

Post by tbone1088 »

Looking to buy all new gear this season, and I am hoping to hit up some sales at lebarons,canadian tire or sail. If anyone can message or post when these stores have some deals please let me know.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: new gear time!!!

Post by Oneeleven »

Don't forget Paddletales
Some awesome deals to be found there too
OntarioRider
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by OntarioRider »

If you can make it to Arnprior over the next two weeks Toweys is selling off inventory. 40% off starting today.

http://www.fish-hawk.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47314
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

No car for me I'm a city boy through and through :) Stores need to be around Otttawa for me to reach them.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

What kind of gear?

I was in CT earlier this week and they have a couple of good sales on some spinning combos.

They have lots of baitcaster combos but I wouldn't buy a baitcaster from CT.
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

You sign up for emails from both Sail and lebaron, They will let you know whats coming up. I believe Lebaron is celebrating 55 years in business and they have abumch of sales going on. Last week it was Rods and reels
- Rick Ozga
Bobber Boyz
Participant
Participant

Post by Bobber Boyz »

tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

thanks for the help guys I will sign up for the email updates for sure! Canadian tire is having some good deals right now will hit them up for fishing line it is like 20 percent off. I need one spinning reel and a soft sided bag, not to mention a bevy of lures. The spinning reel I don't mind paying full price since I want a good quality one. Willing to spend about 100 dollars or so on it. It will be mainly used for crankbaits and heavy (3/4 to 1 oz.) jig head fishing. Any ideas? I like quantum and shimano but willing to try any brand name.
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

Have you ever thought about going to a baitcaster. I was on spinning combo's for years, I made the switch to casting and wondered why I waited so long. at first it can be a little frustrating but after a day or two you get the hang of it. Plus you can find a lot of good deals on baitcasters.

If you still are after spinning I would say go with Shimano, I've never had an issue with them and you can get them serviced easier than other makes. pfleuger also makes a great reel check out the supreme XT.

Also if you can make it out to Paddletales on Thursday night its worth the trip. Lots of friendly guys there willing to give you advice and you can compare different reels on different rods.
- Rick Ozga
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Post by badbass72 »

If you are ever up the Renfrew way our Canadian Tire has a Pro Shop now with some quality Rods and Reels as well as the ability to order you pretty much any gear you can think of.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

I have 2 baitcasters already, need the spinning reel for throwing crankbaits at dark(Backlashes are a pain night fishing) and to handle the larger jigheads I use with swimbaits for walleyes. Would like a beefy setup that can handle the heavy lures and spooling it with 8 or 10 pound fireline.
gorfman007
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by gorfman007 »

Green Drake has some good sales on now. I bought a new fly rod a reel and extra arbour along with some fast sinking and floating line.
Life goes on