Marten River?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Marten River?

Post by moonshine »

Hey folks, for the May long weekend i am heading to Marten River provincial park. I have a question, has any of you been there and can you shore fish successfully. I normally just tent it and bring the boat on a trailer but the misses is insisting on bringing the camper. I do have a great 12ft tinny but no rack to carry it. So my dilemma is..... do i shore fish or do i bite the bullet and buy a set of racks.
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Marten River?

Post by MichaelGA »

Get the racks!

Never been to that location, but while shore fishing is often possible the ability to get out on the water is the best.

Besides - she gets what she wants, so you can maybe get what you want. (especially if you can then leave the camper and get into some really back area lakes)
bostonwhaler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bostonwhaler »

Great camp. I think we fished from shore while we were there. I think I rented a canoe as well while we were there
Hollywood catches more perch than me
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

moonshine wrote:So my dilemma is..... do i shore fish or do i bite the bullet and buy a set of racks.
Bottom line Steve. Is it a one time rig for this trip, or something you'll use again? Plus, water conditions will dictate shore fishing opportunities early season. A canoe rental still gets you on the water, whether for fishing on your own, or with Wifey too for those prime time quiet paddles :wink:

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

Well i got myself a set of Trac racks. Im not sure Smitty, if i will do this again but it definitely opens the possibilities. I guess it depends how this trip works out. I will be sure to post a report on our trip.
Fisherman are the biggest liars.