Back lakes near Ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
misterfish
Participant
Participant

Back lakes near Ottawa

Post by misterfish »

Hey everybody! I am new to this forum but an avid fishermen and I am posting to see if anybody knows of any back lakes around the Ottawa area. Basically me and the wife have vacation coming up in a week or so and want to do some fishing.

We'd love to be able to eat some fish and would like a back lake for trout or walleye. Any ideas or suggestions? Should be accessible by car and a motor boat access would be preferable.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Back lakes near Ottawa

Post by smitty55 »

Check this out. Might be just what you want. You are restricted by a car though. http://www.northfrontenacparklands.com/ ... &Itemid=26

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Hey Misterfish: If you google map Lanark highlands you will find over 100 lakes that have what you are looking for. About 70% are easy access drives but may be a bit harder to get boats into it.

Also if you add some more info into your profile we could PM you some places to try because when it comes to trout lakes most on here are more seclusive than the North Korean government.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
flewdogg
Participant
Participant

Post by flewdogg »

I second Almonte Fisher's sentiment re the secrecy about the trout lakes. If you want a laugh, try finding an old thread on here about finding access to Darling Long Lake. It was quite the hot topic!
Raydar
Participant
Participant

Post by Raydar »

Welcome misterfish.
A cool site to check out is "fish ON-line".
Lots of info there.
Cheers,
Raydar
Keep your line in the water and there will always be a smile on your face.
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lapointeric »

smitty55 wrote:Check this out. Might be just what you want. You are restricted by a car though. http://www.northfrontenacparklands.com/ ... &Itemid=26

Cheers

Great site Smitty! This is exactly the type of thing I'm looking to do with my son.

E
jhinbhoot
Participant
Participant

Post by jhinbhoot »

Thanks guys for all the info ... I am also looking for a lake where I can drive (not a truck.. I have Sonata) and park and do some shore fishing or may be use canoe ... if you guys any such place please send me PM or reply here.. Thank you
daveh_cdn
Participant
Participant

Post by daveh_cdn »

jhinbhoot wrote:Thanks guys for all the info ... I am also looking for a lake where I can drive (not a truck.. I have Sonata) and park and do some shore fishing or may be use canoe ... if you guys any such place please send me PM or reply here.. Thank you
There's a thread on here with google maps of all the shore fishing around Ottawa.
jhinbhoot
Participant
Participant

Post by jhinbhoot »

Yes I know about the thread... I am looking for something outside Ottawa (1 hour drive may be?) and I want to eat my catch as well.