May 23 Paddletales event

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

May 23 Paddletales event

Post by toobinator »

Next Saturday, the 23rd of May, we will be having a doo at Paddletales. This event will be in place of the doo we usually have at the end of April. That event got displaced by the seminar. I have not put in a request for company reps for this one, but we should have the Paddletales crew on hand to help you out. The Shimano Tech van will be here too with a full load of Shimano, Loomis, Jackall and Power Pro for you to see. We are also working hard on some sale items to make your trip out worth while. I will post more on this later in the week.

The doo will run from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, and I've heard there will be chicken in attendance from 11.00 am to 2.00 pm.
Again, more details will be posted this week. Hope to see you out.

Ed & Sandie
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
daveh_cdn
Participant
Participant

Re: May 23 Paddletales event

Post by daveh_cdn »

I'm a beginner angler. I was thinking of taking the drive out on Saturday if the weather is nice. Hopefully there'll be some cool information for me too. I'm thinking of bringing my wife along for the trip from Ottawa. Since it's a bit of a drive would anyone recommend recommend anything to stop and see / do along the way out / back? Recommend a bit of shore fishing if you like, along with any scenic roads to take, places to stop and walk around, places to grab a snack etc.

Dave.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

daveh_cdn wrote:places to grab a snack etc.

Dave.
Chicken at every event Dave, snack is included :wink:

unfortunately won't be making this one... :?
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I hardly find it a long drive but I do it every day living 10 minutes from Paddletales and working in Ottawa.

Not really much to do coming this way as a stop but if you want a scenic drive, Take river road down to Kemptville and hang a left (its actually a round about) heading east to Winchester. Its about the prettiest drive out this way. Otherwise Bank street/Highway 31 is probably the fastest route.
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

Dave, I hear the chicken is amazing, haven't had a chance to get out for it yet though. If that's not your thing, there's a few chip huts along the way. You could keep going South on 31 and stop at the cheese house, or keep going to Morrisburg, there's a chip hut beside the dock there and it's a nice enough place to walk around, although that could just be nostalgia, having grown up in the area...
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

There is also a relatively new dress shop owned by a local lady called Main st clothing. Probably a very different experience than shopping in malls. The upside if your wife buys some clothes, she can't complain about your tackle purchases. Just sayin..........

What area are you coming from Dave?

Ed
daveh_cdn
Participant
Participant

Post by daveh_cdn »

toobinator wrote: What area are you coming from Dave?
Sandy Hill, Ottawa
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

As a beginning angler, the drive from Sandy Hill may seem long. As you get more into it, the drive becomes shorter. Trust me on this one. lol

Ed
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

toobinator wrote:There is also a relatively new dress shop owned by a local lady called Main st clothing. Probably a very different experience than shopping in malls. The upside if your wife buys some clothes, she can't complain about your tackle purchases. Just sayin..........

Ed

My wife used to come along for the tour from Renfrew just for the ice cream when you had it. I'll have to tell her about this dress shop. Jon
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

jona38 wrote:

My wife used to come along for the tour from Renfrew just for the ice cream when you had it. I'll have to tell her about this dress shop. Jon
Jon, I'm in Gatineau and on a traffic filled Thursday night, it takes me approx one hour to get to Paddletales.

I'm thinking of starting a petition to get Ed to bring back the ice cream machine.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

StarTzar wrote:
jona38 wrote:

Jon, I'm in Gatineau and on a traffic filled Thursday night, it takes me approx one hour to get to Paddletales.

I'm thinking of starting a petition to get Ed to bring back the ice cream machine.

ED had an icecream machine!!!???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

StarTzar wrote: I'm thinking of starting a petition to get Ed to bring back the ice cream machine.
Where do i sign!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

TheMaverick wrote:
StarTzar wrote: I'm thinking of starting a petition to get Ed to bring back the ice cream machine.
Where do i sign!
X2!!! I'll sign that one for sure. :D :D :D
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

For this Saturday, we have lots and lots of rods and reels on sale with pricing to turn your head. For Renegade members, Shimano and Loomis purchases qualify for the contingency programs as well, even those on sale. Lots of new stuff in stock as well. Great selection of Yama frogs from Yamamoto, S-Cranks from Megabass, Maxquatro line from Power Pro, and lots more.
The Shimano Tech van will be here too. Please note, this is not a repair van but for display of Shimano, Loomis, Jackall and Power Pro products. Tom Brennan will be with the van to answer your questions.
As usual at our doo's, tax will be included in all regularly priced merchandise with the exception of electronics and trolling motors. The world famous fried chicken will be served as well from around 11am until 2 or so.
These events are a great social event as well as a sale. Come on out and renew old friendships and talk some fishing. It'll be a blast.

p.s. The ice cream is still available across the street
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I'll sign that petition for the ice cream machine too!!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again