Where should I fish

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Where should I fish

Post by canam04 »

I haven't posted much since the hard water season but now that the soft water season is on I am planning some summer trips and need some advice. I have my spring time walleye holes that I visit but once the bass season opens I typically fish those. I am planning a trip second week in June and I would like to go for some walleye but don't have any spots that I know very well at that time of year and this will also be a campground trip so that means a couple days away from the City. If anyone would have any suggestions for lakes or good fishing areas within 2 hours of Ottawa it would be much appreciated and don't worry I would only be using this spot for the one weekend. I have seen posts before about white lake, kawartha, black Donald lake, if anyone has any info on these that would be great.
Dinger
Participant
Participant

Re: Where should I fish

Post by Dinger »

You can't go wrong with Black Donald/Centennial/Norcan lakes. I fish the breaklines and points and get a mix of everything from smallies to musky.
Lots of walleye off the deeper points and shoals as well. There's two launches on the north side of Centennial, and Black Donald is easy to get to from the dams above Calabogie.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Where should I fish

Post by CCLad »

Hey Canam. I would suggest southern On Bay of Quinte region. Fantastic fishery for many species as well as a great area. There are lots of camp grounds in the area, lake On. and the Sand banks are a quick drive away..... Great area!
CCLad.