Norcan lake map

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
canam04
Participant
Participant

Norcan lake map

Post by canam04 »

I am going to norcan lake and I am wondering if anyone would have the charts that would be willing to share.
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Norcan lake map

Post by jona38 »

I've never seen any charts for Norcan but I've fished it a bunch and i'll warn you it is loaded with stumps! It's not the kind of lake where you see how fast your boat will go! If you're launching off the Wabun lake road into the Madawaska and heading up from there be careful of a rock shoal that's not far from the launch. If you're launching up on Norcan watch for the stumps at the launch. Jon
unmanaged
Participant
Participant

Post by unmanaged »

is the fishing good? What species are targeted there?
mb_fishing
Participant
Participant

Post by mb_fishing »

It is tied to the Madawaska so there are mulit-species. If you stick to the northern end (river) you can get into walleye. Marked alot of fish on the northtwest shore. Summer time you will get into smallies and largies....but that won't help you now. You'll definitely hit pike.

Beautiful lake...hardly any cottages. Have fun and looking forward to your report.

Note: I agree...watch out for stumps and shoals as indicated (where the Madawaska and Norcan meet)
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

Hey man I was just up there this weekend. There are a few islands there that are good to camp on. I habmvent caught much walleye in there but i have heard there are lots. I caught some decent pike in there and quite a few off season bass. Dome pigs too! Like everyone says, be careful of the rocks. If launching from wabun, keep to the right of the river. I don't know if its south, west north or whatever. Just keep to the right. Once you get past there, you should be OK.
Norcan
Participant
Participant

Post by Norcan »

I was looking at a cottage on the west side of Norcan Lake about midway south of the lake right at the narrowest point on the lake and was wondering if anyone could give me info on the lake, how deep the water is around there, and if it is a really weedy area? sandy bottom? rocky bottom? is it safe to drive a decent size boat in those bays and tour the lake? Because from google earth it seems clean but you never know, so I figured id ask people who have already been on the lake. Any info you guys can give me helps a lot!