Nanofil + Leader

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
chill
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Nanofil + Leader

Post by chill »

Good Day folks

Its been a while since I checked in. For the nanofil users out there, what knot are you using to connectyour leader material (if you use a leader) . I've tried back to back uni knots and it seems to work ok but on occasion I've had the connection slip. Maybe its my knot tying skills that need work but I'm wondering what knots others are using for the connection.

Cheers

Chris
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Nanofil + Leader

Post by zeke13 »

I know there is a specific Nanofil Knot on the Berkley website.

Most guys I know are using an Albright, double Albright, or modified Albright (sometimes called an Alberto) knot to join nanofil to a leader.

I use the Albright or some derivative for all my line to leader knots.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

I don't use Nanofil, but the Alberto (modified Albright) is one heck of a strong, compact knot for joining leader to mainline. I use that for FC leader on 15# braid mainline for dropshotting, as well as leaders for flipping or pitching if I decide I want to use a leader that day. Great knot.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

I just use a double uni knot seems to work ok. Nanofil is very thin so try to make sure your leader line diameter is similar to the nanofil, this should help with your slipping problem.