Cracker Tames Otter

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Cracker Tames Otter

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Today Cracker and I headed out to Otter lake in hopes of getting some great smallies...Unfortunately I had wait for my back to loosen and we didn't get on the water untill about 10:30 at best...
RJ and Gordo were gonna be around so we were keeping an eye out for them. We started at Elephant Island and bang Cracker popped a little pike!
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/ ... racker.jpg[/img][/img]
The day went on and we tried many spots with no luck. We saw lots of fish as the water is as clear as air, but we couldn't land much more than a bunch of bait fish...Cracker got a bunch while I amused myself with trying to learn my trolling motor..yes still.

We decided to go for a ride and check out the whole lake. Got some well needed wind in the face and finally decided on a spot that looked great...weeds.....shallow and a nice drop....

Well, Cracker turned into a 7 year old boy with knees shakin and a smile as wide as Ronald McDonald himself....Bacon...I got a fish...Bacon...BACON!!!! He is big..oh yeah he is big...
Cracker do ya need the net...
Yeah..Yeah...oh Ya!

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/ ... acker2.jpg[/img][/img]

If the shirt doesn't blind you, you will see a beautiful Pike. This fish is 37 inches long and weighed 8lbs 9oz according to my Rapala scale...

We didn't get many but a new personal best Pike for Cracker!!!

Way to go bud!!!!!!!!

WE later met up with RJ and Gordo...we fished with them a bit. When we got there Mr. Musky man RJ was using an ultralight and it was tipped with a beautiful 1/2inch pink jig and worm.....would have made a cute little ear ring for Kim...LOL

Good seeing ya boys....
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

WTG on the PB Cracker!!!!! :D Looks like bacon was nice since Snag wasnt in the boat :lol: JK,but glad to hear you guys had a good day!!!

Now Bacon,take me fishin so I can show you how to use a trollin motor :lol: Or atleast how to catch fish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK Bro,T.L F.F
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Now Bacon,take me fishin so I can show you how to use a trollin motor Or atleast how to catch fish
We are gonna go bud..maybe after work this week! If I can get a way..
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

way to go cracker. did you have CB dodging your hooks too?

btw....lose the shirt, or at least don't wear that thing on my boat :lol:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I was ok..but I heard I should be on the lookout!
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Awesome seeing you boys up there! Cracker still had that smile on when we hooked up ( I can see why) Nice fish! I still say I should have kicked RJ in the water, but cracker was sending me mixed messages. His head was nodding yes, but he kept saying no not my derby captain! Too bad you guys couldn't have stayed a little longer or for dinner.... Next time!

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Too bad you guys couldn't have stayed a little longer or for dinner.... Next time
Would like that...I like dinner! :wink:
I am planning to bring Snag there soon..
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Bumping into you guys was great....good to see ya boys...Very Nice Ride Captain Bacon...

Sorry I had to bang that smallie right in front of yas... :lol: :lol:

About the pink jig....I was catching bait.... :wink:

RJ
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Beauty fish Cracker!!! Nice to see Bacon is helping SOMEONE catch fish!
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Nice to see Bacon is helping SOMEONE catch fish
Sometimes ya gotta be able to help yourself ... :wink:
Cracker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Cracker »

Thanks a lot guys! I had a great time and Bacon was a great host. The boat was truly awesome, a very enjoyable ride.
I tell ya, I felt like a little kid out there. First it was the frogs that didn't like my little Scum Frog intruder. :lol: It was hilarious.

The pike was a great fight. It made two runs from the boat, he just didn't want to meet me. :shock: And in case anyone is wondering he was happily released. He even gave me a good soaking once he recovered.

It was great seeing RJ again! Great meeting you too, Gordo. You two made quite a pair, I'm surprised you both made it back to the dock. :)

I don't think my knees stopped knocking until the next day. :oops:

Oh, and as far as the shirt is concerned, it is now my newest 'lucky' shirt! :P
Hoser
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Hoser »

Cracker wrote:Oh, and as far as the shirt is concerned, it is now my newest 'lucky' shirt! :P
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :lol: