SENSELESS WASTE!!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bubbles
Participant
Participant

Post by Bubbles »

Wow, am I ever naive. I had no idea that this happens and it makes me sick. CB, you have a good idea to discuss this weekend. I am off to Wolfe Island for a wedding on Saturday but would like to hear the results of the discussion. It would be sad to see yet another case of "bystander apathy" where everyone is outraged but nothing is done. If there are letters to write then count me in. Me thinks I live under a rock.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Thanks for Crawlin out from under the rock Bubbles..or at least out of your shed...
Yeah I think we will have to discuss this for sure.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

My only fear in chasing this down....not knowing all the facts....from the outside it does look really really bad.....but what were the circumstances around it?

One thing that strikes me as weird....why are the fish out on the shore yet still in the nets?.....how'd they get up there?....I don't know a thing about netting or how it works....just struck me as odd....

everyone keep in mind what groups like PETA and others can do....and the internet is a wonderful tool....

awhile back a thread on another board was all about this guy who caught this huge muskie.....everyone screamed they wanted him charged....for an out of season fish....they were ready to hang the guy.....turns out the fish was caught in an area where this is no closed season...and was posted by someone else claiming it was their picture...weird but true...know the truth before we all call in the dogs.....alot of people felt really stupid once they got the facts...

RJ
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

I agree RJ....but unattended nets are illegal, it's clear by the state of the fish in the net ,that this is a unattended net
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Is that in the regs?....I can't see commercial fisherman having to sit by their nets......again I have no clue what I'm talking about....as usual... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Yes....nets must be checked on a regular basis
Mike the 'Tender
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike the 'Tender »

I said I was going to show this to Jerry Oulette, the Conservative Critic of the Minister of Natural Resources. Unfortunately, though, this was occuring on the Red River in Manitoba. I will however make him aware of the situation on the Red and see what, if anything, can or is being be done here in Ontario to prevent poaching like that.