Fishing Report #4 a.k.a Rideau River = Awesome!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
NorthernGuy
Participant
Participant

Fishing Report #4 a.k.a Rideau River = Awesome!

Post by NorthernGuy »

Hi folks!

Me and my brother in-law attacked the Rideau river down in the Kars area for the first time this Saturday! Had one of my best fishing days down here ever! We fished a long long stretch & caught fish consistently, We got crappies & lots of bass. We tried for walleye for a while but got nothing. Asked around and nobody was catching any so we decided to go for a big musky or pike and ended up with quite a bit of bass! To bad the season ain't open yet! We woulda had our limits! I got one huge pike or musky with a frog... (quite the "fishermen" story actually haha) : rod was bent almost tapping on the boat, I screamed to my bro, GET THE NET i have a huge one! And then, well, obviously, after about 10 seconds of fight BAM, his darn teeths ripped threw my braided line... Lets just say I didn't digest that one very well! Kept thinking about it the rest of the day! Yep, lesson learned! I will use a leader next time we fish specifically for pike/musky. We tried over and over in the same area & obviously he didn't bite again the big bugger! hehe So overall awesome fishing on the Rideau, I was very pleased! It was a change of scenery & it was a very nice day! Saw lots of boats! How was your day on the water this weekend!???

Cheers!
Born to Fish…Forced to Work!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Fishing Report #4 a.k.a Rideau River = Awesome!

Post by ShawnD »

:banana-gotpics:
Got out on the Ottawa river, caught a Catfish,Pike, Perch, bluegill, no OOS fish and soaked in the sun. ;)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Your fishing report is gonna make Lvace cry when he sees it! We decided to try the Ottawa for a change and it was really tough fishing. We toyed with making a game-time decision and heading somewhere else (once we saw that the OR was a turky gravy colour), but didn't.

Congrats on your great day! And congrats for it being on the Rideau. It's not exactly the easiest BOW (IMO) and CONGRATS.... (me so jealous!!!!!) on finding crappie!! :lol: :lol:
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

NorthernGuy wrote:Hi folks!

Lets just say I didn't digest that one very well! Kept thinking about it the rest of the day!

Cheers!

PS: It's so hard to shake off losing a lunker eh? I sing the Frozen song to myself for a few bars... seems to help (that after a good cry and analyzing what I did wrong and what I will do to make sure it never, ever happens again!!) :lol: