I-68 form?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

I-68 form?

Post by TheMaverick »

Could someone please clarify the intent of the i-68?

I was under the impression the i-68 is a form that entitles you to call in your entry by phone instead of having to report to an in person inspection.

One might say, 50 shades of grey, is there a difference between landing (anchor/touch ground) and entering (navigating) US waters.

If you do not own an i-68, are you obligated to report to a port-of-entry in person?

Thanks!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: I-68 form?

Post by PunchRig »

you only need to call in if you are going to be landing or anchoring in US waters or touching land,the I68 entitles you to be within 25 miles of shore,in US waters, for a period of no longer than 72 hours,where you have to be careful is that an I-68 is issued individually,and for families that boat together regularly,if you have somebody on your boat w/out an I-68,then basically yours is useless,and you have to report to a port of entry,or use one of those video phones,that are supposedly in canadian marina's.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

PunchRig wrote:you only need to call in if you are going to be landing or anchoring in US waters or touching land,the I68 entitles you to be within 25 miles of shore,in US waters, for a period of no longer than 72 hours,where you have to be careful is that an I-68 is issued individually,and for families that boat together regularly,if you have somebody on your boat w/out an I-68,then basically yours is useless,and you have to report to a port of entry,or use one of those video phones,that are supposedly in canadian marina's.
Thank you, appreciated.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

When I fished Renegade we always got them but found them to be a waste of time and money in the end.

RJ
tr21chris
Participant
Participant

Post by tr21chris »

Take the time, get your nexus card, good for 5 years, this is what the guys on the water would prefer to see.
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

tr21chris wrote:Take the time, get your nexus card, good for 5 years, this is what the guys on the water would prefer to see.
Also, no more waiting in long lines for security at the airport