Two evenings in one post, post

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Two evenings in one post, post

Post by almontefisher »

So I should have got a new boat a long time ago if I knew I could get my wife out while I fish. Well lesson learned as this afternoon my wife emails me to ask if her and the boys could go out in the boat while I fished. Hell no I said. You stay home. Ok so I didn't say that it was more like this... What?? Did you just see if you and the boys could go in the boat while fishing?? Yes she says. What's wrong with that? Ummm.. Nothing is wrong with that but you never wanted to before. Well you never had a real boat she says. Lol. So I guess we were fishing off of hunks of metal that floats for the last many years. So after picking myself off the floor I started to plan the trip. Where to fish?? I mean enjoy a nice eve with my family. Miss lake or Appleton. I do love miss lake but Appleton is my go to and it's a nice relaxing place in my life. Appleton it is. So 5:30 we get all packed and off to the boat launch. Get about to the golf course and realize I don't have the boat keys on me. #%?$. Turn around and decide to have some fun with boys to take the embarrassment off of me. So I turn around in the jeep and tell them we are going home and not going out. Well anyone with kids knows what happened next. Two boys very upset they didn't get to go out in the boat. Hahaha. Quick chuckle and keys picked up boat is launched and we are out for the first time ever as a family.

This is my youngest first pike. Was so excited about it. It's huge dad. HUGE!! lol. Next week it will be a ten pounder. That's my boy!!

Then two days ago my buddy and I got out for some bass and we had some hard times catching anything. It was Wednesday when we had the big changes in pressure and storms. Well once the rain stopped a black wacky worm was what got them to bite. Here is the biggest I got that eve.

May not be a big one but it was well worth it. Tough eve.

So this new boat may make me have to eat spam for dinner but heck having my family come out with me makes the spam taste like filet minion. Mmmmmm

Cheers.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Two evenings in one post, post

Post by lape0019 »

Nice write up Pete!
Harpee61
Participant
Participant

Post by Harpee61 »

Nice story Pete. Precious times these, enjoy. H
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

That's what it's all about!!!
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

Great report Peter, and nice work on your son's part. He must have been over the moon with that pike!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

SO great to see you out and enjoying the new boat Pete. Memories that last a lifetime.

RJ
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

:handgestures-thumbup:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Heckuva new rig Peter. You and the family will fish up a storm in that. Noice!!!! :D