Mountsberg Report w/ pics - Saturday August 14, 2004

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Sawyer
Participant
Participant

Mountsberg Report w/ pics - Saturday August 14, 2004

Post by Sawyer »

Hi Gang, I’m new to this board and from the looks of it, there are a bunch of great people on here. So here goes my report.

The Professor and I left for Mountsberg at 4:00 am from Toronto. We stopped by Timmy’s and McDonald’s for some grub on exit 320 before we headed out into the water. There’s nothing like a fresh coffee flavoured coffee from Timmy’s and a Sausage Egg McMuffin from Mc’s. By 5:30 am, we were on the water in search for the elusive Mountsberg Bass.

We started by fan casting the shorelines and at about 7:00 am I hooked a Northern Pike. It wasn’t very big but still put up a good fight. The Professor suggested that we stay at this spot for a “while” since my catch signals that other fish are in the area. In other words, he was “feeling it” and indeed he was.

At about 8:00 am, his intuition finally paid off. He threw his lure into a suspecting weed pocket…after reeling very slowly, he saw a Monster Bass jump and grab his lure, then yells, “WHOA! GOT ONE”. I was ecstatic and kept reminding him to keep a tight line. After a few attempts to pull the bass out of the weeds, she wouldn’t move out of the heavy cover…so I decided to lift the anchor. It was a real site to see since the fish, with all its might, managed to stay its ground for The Professor to reel the canoe towards the fish. I grabbed the net and it turns out to be +4.5 lbs! What a beauty! About another half hour later, he hooked himself another bass but, just like any other fishing story, it spit the bait out.

We continued to fish the general area but moved closer to shore to try other pockets. At about 10:00 am, on my first cast, a 2.5 lbs bass engulfed my lure. After a brief, yet enjoyable fight, I was able to land her in the canoe. It was no 4.5 lbs, but nonetheless, the fish put a smile on my face! The Professor can attest to that!

What can I say? “Mountsberg, you were good to us again!” Three fish on and one fishing story….not too bad at all. Take care everyone!

-Sawyer

Meet The Professor

Sawyer
Image[/url]

Your typical cooler top
Image[/url]
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Nice fish Sawyer!

Welcome to the board

Mick
ricoboxing
Participant
Participant

Post by ricoboxing »

cool fish dudes. hows the weeds up there? last time I went there, the weeds were out of control. made it really hard to even use the trolling motor. did u guys use texas rigged worms?
Sawyer
Participant
Participant

Post by Sawyer »

Hey Rico,

The weeds are still out of control up at Mountsberg. The Professor and I used top water lures to catch em'.
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Welcome to the board!

Nice catch this weekend.

Looks like the professor was teaching you a few things.

Enjoy the board.

Carlco
Sawyer
Participant
Participant

Post by Sawyer »

Carlco,

He definantly was teaching me a thing or two about patience. I thought I was pretty patient until The Professor showed me up. Before he caught his Bass, it was idea to stay in the spot after I told him we should. After that catch, I said, "Good Call, there must be more fish here!".
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Welcome to the board...a couple of real nice bass there. I personally love seeing pics and reports from new lakes. Thanks for the report.
Sawyer
Participant
Participant

Post by Sawyer »

Sawyer wrote:Carlco,

He definantly was teaching me a thing or two about patience. I thought I was pretty patient until The Professor showed me up. Before he caught his Bass, it was idea to stay in the spot after I told him we should. After that catch, I said, "Good Call, there must be more fish here!".
After careful reading, which I should have done before I submitted the post, there is an error :oops: A small one, yes, but I have to give credit where credit is due :lol:

It was The Professor's idea to stay at the spot after I told him we should move to another because I felt that we throughly fished the spot. Ofcourse, I was wrong and he ended up catching the bigger one! HA!
Sawyer
Participant
Participant

Post by Sawyer »

Markus,

My pleasure. This board is a bounty of information and I'm glad to be able to make a nominal contribution. :)