Bay of Quinte First Timer Seeking Advice.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lone-fisher
Participant
Participant

Bay of Quinte First Timer Seeking Advice.

Post by lone-fisher »

Good Morning Folks.

As the title say. Basically: I'm a fairly novice fisherman who bought a boat recently and managed to snag a few days off after Canada Day. Thursday I am planning on heading down to Quinte for the day with the old man to get some walleye. It's about a 2.5 hour drive and hope to get some great fishing in during the afternoon and evening.Can you guy get me some advice on where to launch, fish, and what to use to catch some of these legendary walleye?

Thanks.
Superdad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Bay of Quinte First Timer Seeking Advice.

Post by Superdad »

If you visit quintefishing.com, there is a list of the launch sites. Deseronto & Shermans are close to fishing grounds.

The fishing has been slow with people catching one or two, mostly fishing weedlines.

Others have caught some fish in the open water looking for fish in the top of the water column.

Hope you have a good day on Quinte.

David aka Superdad
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

Watch the weather closely, if your in a small boat,winds can pick up very quickly, and build seas fast.
wayde34
Participant
Participant

Post by wayde34 »

Fish can be caught right now ..... But it will be far from legendary at this time of the year.
MUSKY HUNTER
Participant
Participant

Post by MUSKY HUNTER »

Ditto on the fishing is slow on the bay this year even the Quinte fishing series numbers are showing that. Lots of sheephead being caught some big ones in fact.