Weather for Canada Day!! To Musky or not to Musky??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Weather for Canada Day!! To Musky or not to Musky??

Post by almontefisher »

So what is up with this weather. Was going to hit up the head pond for musky but with this thunderstorm risk I think I may change that up. How is the launch in Pakenham these days? Would I be able to launch the boat there now? 17ft Deep V hull. Also to the musky guys...would you still fish for musky with this crappy weather being called for?
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Weather for Canada Day!! To Musky or not to Musky??

Post by TheMaverick »

Thunderstorms are scheduled for 8pm only.
Chances of rain are 50% and scattered during the day with sunny periods.
High of 23, feel like 25.

Winds might reach 18km :?

We’ll be out for sure! 8)
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

TheMaverick wrote:Thunderstorms are scheduled for 8pm only.
Chances of rain are 50% and scattered during the day with sunny periods.
High of 23, feel like 25.

Winds might reach 18km :?

We’ll be out for sure! 8)

Well If Mav is crazy enough to be out in that then who am I to dissagree!! Will post pictures and make a report of the great fishing I will have tomorrow!! lol

ORWL
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

Mav, where are you getting those forecasts from? 3 or 4 sources we use at work are showing thunderstorms for the better part of the day tomorrow, with POP% as high as 90% for a lot of that time. Not that it matters anyways, you could throw darts at weather symbols and probably be right more often than meteorologists.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Supernova224 wrote:Mav, where are you getting those forecasts from? 3 or 4 sources we use at work are showing thunderstorms for the better part of the day tomorrow, with POP% as high as 90% for a lot of that time. Not that it matters anyways, you could throw darts at weather symbols and probably be right more often than meteorologists.
Someone recently told me Accuweather is spot on, most of the time.
I prefer what I'm seeing on there as of now, so that's what I'm going with lo0ol

All jokes a side, always be careful on the water especially when it comes to weather.
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

Wed, 1 Jul A few showers ending late in the afternoon then cloudy. Risk of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late in the afternoon. High 20.

Night Cloudy periods with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 11.

Environment Canada
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

TheMaverick wrote:Someone recently told me Accuweather is spot on, most of the time.
I prefer what I'm seeing on there as of now, so that's what I'm going with lo0ol

All jokes a side, always be careful on the water especially when it comes to weather.
Aaahh, that's my preferred strategy as well. When the forecasts don't line up, choose the one you like the most!
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

The best way to get your weather is to look out your window. I don't even bother with the forecasts anymore. I've wasted so many day sitting at home because it was calling for crap weather and then of course it turns out to be a nice day. As for fishing musky in nasty weather, lets just say I'm all smiles if I'm out and see a storm on the horizon about to roll in!! :D :D Jon
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

jona38 wrote:The best way to get your weather is to look out your window. I don't even bother with the forecasts anymore. I've wasted so many day sitting at home because it was calling for crap weather and then of course it turns out to be a nice day.
When out on Franny, i most definitely do.
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jona38 »

TheMaverick wrote:
jona38 wrote:The best way to get your weather is to look out your window. I don't even bother with the forecasts anymore. I've wasted so many day sitting at home because it was calling for crap weather and then of course it turns out to be a nice day.
When out on Franny, i most definitely do.

You're right Mav, when your headed to big water it makes sense to check for sure. I'd take my chances on the Madawaska in a 17'er though. If it looked good tomorrow morning I'd head out regardless of what a weather forecast said for the afternoon/evening.

Edit**** Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting anyone go out in nasty weather especially a thunderstorm ****
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

I was going to head out to the 5 span once the wife got home - I'll check out the launch for you and make a post.

Waters pretty low... might require getting vehicle tires wet.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

MichaelGA wrote:I was going to head out to the 5 span once the wife got home - I'll check out the launch for you and make a post.

Waters pretty low... might require getting vehicle tires wet.

Im good getting the Jeep tires wet Mike but yes please let me know how the launch is. We are still undecided if we do Mad or Pakenham.

ORWL
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I'm in the same boat Pete. I do think Birdee and I are going to hit Big Rideau regardless of the forecast.

RJ
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

TheMaverick wrote:
Supernova224 wrote:Mav, where are you getting those forecasts from? 3 or 4 sources we use at work are showing thunderstorms for the better part of the day tomorrow, with POP% as high as 90% for a lot of that time. Not that it matters anyways, you could throw darts at weather symbols and probably be right more often than meteorologists.
Someone recently told me Accuweather is spot on, most of the time.

I always follow accuweather, it's pretty accurate on winds too, as for musky, caught some of my best fish in 35knot winds and dirty weather, rain, snow, breaking ice from the ramp, the fish don't care,
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

After you get yer fishin' fix, come on over to Stittsville and rawk yer fish sawks to the sound of The StittsVillains!! :D :D :o :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1437776549871104/
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"