open seat this eve

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

open seat this eve

Post by almontefisher »

Anyone want to go for a fish this eve. I am heading out around 5 and fishing till 8-8:30. Either Miss lake or Appleton.

Let me know

Cheers
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: open seat this eve

Post by Troller »

Hey Peter,
I will be out there tonight too on the Miss. Did you get my PM?.. Out with one of my sons tonight. Two guys in the boat
Blue and white princecraft 75 Merc. Will be around the big lake area and the river near INNES.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Troller wrote:Hey Peter,
I will be out there tonight too on the Miss. Did you get my PM?.. Out with one of my sons tonight. Two guys in the boat
Blue and white princecraft 75 Merc. Will be around the big lake area and the river near INNES.

Ya I did for sure Troller. This outing came out of the blue. Went home on lunch and the wife asked me what I was doing this eve and I had said spending time at home with my loving family. She says oh well have fun with that cause this loving family is going out for the evening so your home alone!! If I get out that way I will hunt you down and say gidday!!

#Score #fishing # happydance # lovetheunexpected

ORWL
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Yep should be good tonight see you out there if you are there....
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

So how'd it go?

The Mississippi River was pretty harsh to me for the first half hour... lots of bites but no hook-ups!

Then I realized that I had put on a new worm hook... forget the brand, but it was much larger of a wire than usual.

Switched back to my favourite Gamakatsu EWG Worm Hook

Bam! Same Poor Boys Baits plastic rigged the same way, no weight and immediately the fish were on!

Crazy how such a small change can have such a huge impact.

Anyway... brought in about 2 dozen small mouth bass, nothing huge but a couple in the 1.5lb range, hell of a lot of fun though.
Flipping, jumping acrobatic river-current fish. Had my rod bent over almost double most of the evening!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

I had a pretty similar time out mike. First hour was real tough with one small guy lost and tons of little nibbles. Was using a sweet potato pie wacky rig and was getting frustrated so I changed up to a spinner bait and that seemed to be the ticket. Got a few 2lb largies and about 8 pike all within the 2-3 lb range. Was my first solo adventure in the new boat and damn do those side glide bars on the trailer make loading a breeze.

Only problem I had was I couldn't take any pictures. So now I have to figure out that process. Lol

ORWL
MichaelGA
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MichaelGA »

Ya... when it's only me I don't bother to get the camera out. The reverse EAP was freaking me out making all my fish look like minnows and my hand the size of a ham!

ROFL