Canoe lake info?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Trout_83
Participant
Participant

Canoe lake info?

Post by Trout_83 »

Does anyone have info on Canoe lake? Boat launch locations? Ive heard it's a nice lake. Looking to target lake trout and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile. Thanks!
2007 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1600, 75 Merc, Terrova iPilot
snapper
Participant
Participant

Re: Canoe lake info?

Post by snapper »

You can access the lake from the end, I am not sure of the road name but it`s where canoe lake meets eel lake, I don`t know any other access points but I am sure there are. There is a causeway between the two lakes. I have never fished canoe but I have fished eel lake for bass (not great)
Cheers Ron sends VVV
Bis4ben
Participant
Participant

Post by Bis4ben »

Canoe lake in Algonquin Park???
I've fished Canoe for lakers with some success - certainly better luck across the road in Smoke lake.

If you're not referring to Algonquin sorry - if you are let me know and i would happily scan and send depth maps for both canoe and smoke if you would like.

Cheers,
Trout_83
Participant
Participant

Post by Trout_83 »

Hey thanks, ill check out the southern end of the lake for a launch.

Bis- this canoe lake is on the northern edge of frontenac park (just outside the park). Ive heard its a nice lake with very little boat traffic. No idea about the state of the lake trout fishery, but I'll probably still check it out.

Cheers
2007 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1600, 75 Merc, Terrova iPilot