South Nation Muskie?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ShawnLittle28
Participant
Participant

South Nation Muskie?

Post by ShawnLittle28 »

Hi All,

I've been reading posts from this group for about a year now and now I've finally signed up. I'm a huge Muskie fanatic that enjoys fishing the Ottawa River, St. Lawrence and South Nation River. I live pretty close to Embrun Ontario and frequently fish the Nation river. Does anyone know if a Muskie has ever been caught in the Nation River between Casselman to Chesterville area? or are the only caught close to Plantaganet where it goes into the Ottawa River?
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: South Nation Muskie?

Post by PunchRig »

I've caught lots of them in the mouth of the nation, on the ottawa, near wendover, never went too far into the nation tho' just kinda' sweep the opening. It's kinda' like a big bay,
avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by avidangler »

I've heard of them being caught above the dam in Casselman. I'm a bit skeptical about that. But, realistically there could be a few there.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike M »

Fished that stretch for many years for other species and never ever saw any indication that Muskies were there. Not to say there aren't any, but I've ever seen them.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

I caught 1 small musky this spring below the dam in Casselman when I was walleye fishing but I never caught a musky between Casselman and Chesterville. But Im assuming there might be some on that stretch just never caught any there yet.
Todd B.
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Todd B. »

I'd just give the South Nation Conservation Authority a shout. They should be able to give you a definite answer, in particular which reaches hold muskie.
"There wouldn't have been any butt kickings if that stupid death ray had worked."
ShawnLittle28
Participant
Participant

Post by ShawnLittle28 »

Thank You all for your replies.
NorthernGuy
Participant
Participant

Post by NorthernGuy »

We caught one above Crysler dam this year! was very small but it was a musky!
Born to Fish…Forced to Work!