Navionics SD map cards.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MUSKY HUNTER
Participant
Participant

Navionics SD map cards.

Post by MUSKY HUNTER »

Hey guys,

Just wondering what people are using for navionics map cards? What's the difference between navionics hotmaps platinum and premium??

Do I just need a Gold version... Currently have a hummingbird 598ci with down and side imaging. Internal gps.
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Navionics SD map cards.

Post by Roblin »

I have the Hotmaps Premium and it works well for all the lakes I fish. The charts are really accurate and show the contour lines. That's all I need. I already can't catch what I see, I don't need more detail. There's some good video's on You Tube the will show you the difference. You may find that your finder might not be able to use some of the features on the more expensive cards. You could call Navionics and they could probably help you.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Navionics SD map cards.

Post by lape0019 »

They all cover different bodies of water. Gold covers navigable waters and hotmaps premium (I think) does in land waters.

The navionices + card covers whatever you want it to. Buy the card and download the bodies of water you want up to the size of the card for up to a year.

If you want more info on that, you would have to ask someone who knows better than I. I have basically told you everything I know.