DUMOINE LAKE - 10 MILE LODGE

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BirdHanded
Participant
Participant

DUMOINE LAKE - 10 MILE LODGE

Post by BirdHanded »

Hey everyone.
New FH member but have been reading all your posts for a long time now. Love this forum!
Looking to see if anyone has been to Ten Mile Lodge in Quebec.... or fished Dumoine lake.
A group of us will be headed up in late August and was wondering if anyone out there could share some info about your experiences?
We are told the walleye fishing is great, same with the laker fishing.
Any info would be great especially about the lodge and accommodations.

Thanks in advance..... BirdHanded.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: DUMOINE LAKE - 10 MILE LODGE

Post by Wallyboss »

There's no lakers in Dumoine Lake. If you want to catch lakers you have to fish 10 Mile Lake. Are you staying at the lodge or one of the outpost camps? Dumoine Lake is a walleye factory. I can't help you much about the fishing in August because I have always fished it opening weekend ( May Long weekend) we used to stay at Cedar Point Camp. We always caught a pile of walleyes every time we went.

What I've heard for fishing late Summer is to try around the sandbar in Marion Bay and as you get out of Marion Bay turn left and fish around the rocky island ( There 's a sign on one of the islands{I don't remember what it written on it} but along the front of that sign I've heard is pretty good.) We usually fished Riv. L'Orignal at the North End of the Lake but you have to pay extra to fish there because it is part of Laverendrye Park.

I am pretty sure that Richard has a fishing guide working for him and he surely knows where the walleye bite is happening.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
BirdHanded
Participant
Participant

Post by BirdHanded »

Hey there Wallyboss.
Thanks for taking the time to share you knowledge!!

I think the most logical bet for us (10 guys) will be to stay at the main lodge site in the "sleep camp". However, if there are families there with young kids, im concerned our group might annoy them. We are all responsible and understanding people, but you know how things can get around a camp fire after a beer or two.

How is the Cedar point camp or any of the other outpost camps for that matter? Im curious if ten guys could sleep out there comfortably or are they way too small?
Any chance you can share some pictures? I can PM you my email address.

We will be fishing for lakers on Ten Mile one day and then for Wallers on Dumoine the next. Thank you for the fishing tips!
Im thinkin' the bite will probably be slower in late August but im sure the ole jig-head and leech combo will produce some walleye.

Thanks again Wallyboss.... it seems like you are pretty content with your trips up there!!??
Cheers
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Are you driving up or flying in!! Make sure you get yourself some bottom bouncers and spinner rigs to find the walleyes then you can stop and jig them up. It's too late to decide where you will stay. As I am sure that's already settled. We always went up with 8 people and one year my son came with us. You will see that for the size of the lake you will hardly see any other boats as there are only 2 outfitters on that lake. I am sure that if you ask that they will tell you where the walleye bite is happening when you are there.

The outpost camps are very well maintained. Richard has a very good setup there and they visit often so that you have all that you need. The main lodge is a beautiful place that Richard built himself, he was a log home builder before opening. Wait till you see it, some of those logs are huge.

I have a cd somewhere with a pile of pictures send me your e-mail by PM and if I can find them I'll send you some.

I went 7-8 years in a row for the walleye opener but I haven't been in the last 5-6 years, because of disagreement with another member from our group. It used to be me my favorite trip of the year.

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
BirdHanded
Participant
Participant

Post by BirdHanded »

We will be driving in and will be bringing our own boats.
One of them is a big 17.5FT deep hull aluminum. How were the roads?
I've heard that some spots are rough, which is no problem for us, we use un-maintained logging roads all the time to access back lakes.
The only thing i'm worried about is if that big boat will give us problems getting in.

We haven't booked with Richard yet. Waiting for a couple guys to decide if they're coming or not.
We will be 8 or 10 guys i think. You have me wondering about the cedar point camp now, and if its big enough for us.

Thx again Wallyboss.... i sent you a PM.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

If you are 8 you only pay for 7 at the Outpost camps( not sure if it's the same for the main lodge), Cedar Point is plenty big for 8 if you are 10 there will still be enough place but you would need to bring sleeping cots for 2 or they might have some?? I haven't been up in a few years so I can't tell you about the road. But my Father In Law brought his 16ft and the last time we went and had to use Richard's tractor to launch it, because of a beaver dam letting go just before we got there and we had to use a quickly made launch. But the rest of us in all the years we would use the boats supplied by them. You get 1 boat for every 2 people and you bring your own motors. I have a 16ft and I wouldn't even bother bringing it.

The road is big enough for the big boat rough on some distances. But be careful of the logging trucks on those roads , they do not slow down for anybody. On the website it tells you what CB channels that you can use to check for truck activity. And Richard should know if they are logging at that time. Be sure to stop in at the small office before entering the ZEC for your safety and to pay for road usage.

wishin I was Fishin
Participant
Participant

Post by wishin I was Fishin »

Just my opinion, but that would be the trip from hell dragging a boat trailer in. It will be very slow and tedious to say the least and I wouldn't dream of attempting it without bringing a set of bearings and of course a spare. Me personally, I would spare the wear and tear on my boat and trailer and look into renting a boat from Richard.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

A friend just came back from there, so I have a few updates.

He now has 16ft Lund boats. The road in has been upgraded and repaired. Cedar Point camp now sleeps 12 and so does Parkline Camp. And they caught a whole lot of walleyes this week.

And they caught all of there walleyes off the point across from Marion Bay Camp. Using jigs and leeches.

BirdHanded
Participant
Participant

Post by BirdHanded »

Thanks for the update wallyboss!!
Im excited to get up there. Gonna get stocked up on spinner rigs and Impulse leeches.
I will bring lots of live leeches as well.
Cheers!