July 29th fun fish - Taylor Park 6-9pm

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: July 29th fun fish - Taylor Park 6-9pm

Post by Kerrazy »

ShawnD,
Hard to get you fiver back, if no one is there... #DieHard.
It should truly be an awesome night for fishing. I think the big girls will be out playing, given weather and moon!
Good luck tonight whoever ends up going. Need full report, of course.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

The full report will be short. It seems only 2 boats are from I got and I don't blame them. If I could have went, I would have but heading up to the cottage for a week and a half has its advantages. The boat is being picked up from the shop this morning so I'll probably test it out this week to make sure she is running right for my tournament on Lower Beverly Sunday.

Fishing with a new partner that I have only had brief conversations with. Seems we like to fish similarly and we have a game plan in place. Both of us are looking forward to this day!
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

I'll be there no mater what, I just want to get out fishing, and fish some new parts of the river
- Rick Ozga
swampdonkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by swampdonkey »

Got out last night and gosh was it insane aha! Fishing was amazing but between work yesterday, fishing then work today! Heatstroke kicked in and I have to sit out on this one! Goodluck lads!
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

Hopefully they are still on fire tonight,

So as far as i know here is who is remain

Rick/Kevin
Shawn/Marc/Justin
Ontbullet - Ontdeerhunter - Are you two still fishing tonight? and are you fishing together or against each other?

I should be in the water by 5-515. I'll stay close to the ramp. The boat is too slow to go to far
- Rick Ozga
Ontbullet
Participant
Participant

Post by Ontbullet »

River Monster wrote:Hopefully they are still on fire tonight,

So as far as i know here is who is remain

Rick/Kevin
Shawn/Marc/Justin
Ontbullet - Ontdeerhunter - Are you two still fishing tonight? and are you fishing together or against each other?

I should be in the water by 5-515. I'll stay close to the ramp. The boat is too slow to go to far

We haven't really discussed. Probably bring both boats. Ill be there around noon I need to get a few fish in the well before everyone else gets started. Just joking. Well kind of. Will be there shortly after 5.
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

Ontbullet wrote:Ill be there around noon I need to get a few fish in the well before everyone else gets started. Just joking. Well kind of. Will be there shortly after 5.
:D that was my plan to, grab a few fish before we start

Alright we will take off as soon as all boat are the water, hopefully around 530 fish until 9.

I think after we all weigh in I may head out for an hour for musky
- Rick Ozga
procrafter12
Participant
Participant

Post by procrafter12 »

Im still planning on going. I can be there for 5 or 530
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

procrafter12 wrote:Im still planning on going. I can be there for 5 or 530

oops sorry, i knew i would miss someone. This is exactly why i shouldn't organize these things

More people the better
- Rick Ozga
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

Alright Ladies and Gentleman, I'll see everyone tonight. Looks like we may just have a 530 blast off. Anyone who doesn't know me, I'm the tall, dark, good looking guy in a 14ft springbok. :D

See you all tonight
- Rick Ozga
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

River Monster wrote:Alright Ladies and Gentleman, I'll see everyone tonight. Looks like we may just have a 530 blast off. Anyone who doesn't know me, I'm the tall, dark, good looking guy in a 14ft springbok. :D

See you all tonight
If you can't fish, you might as well look good doing it!

It's on like Donkey Kong!
#GotEeeeeem
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

How did it go guys?

Was Rick more than just a pretty face last night? :lol: :lol: And did you catch any Muskie?
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

It was fun, water was hot, I'm busy at work right now and will post a report over lunch.... I will say it was a slow night for me :? .... even the mosquito s barely bit me.
- Rick Ozga
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

River Monster wrote:I'm busy at work right now and will post a report over lunch....
You should really get them priorities in order Rick!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

I wish I could write this report saying last night was a David and Goliath story, And Kevin(little brother) and myself in a little 14ft tin boat took on 4 bass boats and won.... But In reality it was far from that.

It was hot as hell but there was nice breeze on the water. There were 5 teams altogether .I think everyone was in the water and we took off shortly after 530. Water temps where high!!!! My first area was showing 86.4 deg!!!! :shock: Eventually we moved and found some cooler water, and got a few fish moving the baits pretty quickly. The problem was the fish were pike. I’m not sure who everyone else did but we basically just dropped the trolling motor down and cruised the weedline or shore. We fished a few docks, lots of pads and weed line but all of our tiny bass came in 3-4 fow. Pike where everywhere and ate everything we threw. The first hour and half and half was pretty slow, but as the sun went down they started to turn on. In the last ½ hours we had a few blow ups on the frog, I don’t think there where anything special but and they came off in the first 10 seconds.

As we got back to the ramp everyone kept saying fishing was slow, keeping to their selves they had some pretty nice bass in the livewell. I had my hopes up that i wasn't last, but i was wrong

I apologize for the pic quality, too many damn settings on a camera and something wasn’t working

5th - Ontbullet/Ontdeerhunter – N/A – I’m sure they had fish bigger than mine but tossed them back before they weigh-in. (sorry no pic)

4th – Kevin/Rick – 4.44lbs - but they were scrappy fish. We ended up landing 5 bass, 5 pike and rock bass - no pics needed of our monster fish

3rd – Procraft. He fished solo and clearly didn’t need help 7.81. he had two beautiful bass and one tiny guy -

2nd – Shawn/Marc/Justin –9.65lbs I’m not sure if three man teams should be allowed but considering Shawn caught all three fish, I’ll let it slide. He caught a beautiful 4lb smallie….from the Rideau in warm shallow water

1st – Mike/Joe – Non-fish hawk members, landed 10. 04 lbs. And also had a 4lb Largemouth….actually 4.01 technically making it the big fish. Sorry Shawn

On a side note the bugs were not too bad, until the maverick opened his mouth and made a comment on it….. than the bastards came out in full force. At least they didn’t really go after me.

I believe the next event will be on Aug 19th. I'll be back again, hopefully we will have a few more boats. Adam should be back from vacation and he will be organizing this one

Thanks again for everyone who came out
- Rick Ozga