go pro

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
swampdonkey
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

go pro

Post by swampdonkey »

Wondering if anyone had a background with editing footage? I have tons of footage but have yet attempted to edit
Dekker500
Participant
Participant

Re: go pro

Post by Dekker500 »

Depending on how fancy or simple you intend to get with your editing, there is an incredible range of advice anyone could give you.

I'll give you some simple info though:

1: It is INCREDIBLY time consuming. Great for wintertime :)
2: Use the fastest machine you have with the most memory you can get
3: Don't pay for more software than you'll use. You can use free and get great results, but if you want fancy features you may need $. Google is your friend.

Good luck!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

This is a great resource to help you decide what you might want in an editor and what you might use.

Comparison of Video Editing Software

Base your decision on a few things;
- Source video format and desired output format.
- PC or MAC
- Opensource (free) or $$ software
- How fancy you want to get.
- How recent the last release was.

I have used Adobe Premier with After Effects quite a bit over the years and found it had everything and more you could ever want BUT.. it costs serious coin and the learning curve can be a pain in the butt for many people. Most of the more popular software has youtube video tutorials though.

For simple cut and past type editing, MS Movie maker still works fine and there is a Windows 8 compatible free download out there too.

Let us know what you go with and what type of results you get.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

I second adobe premiere, awesome program. I have been using it since high school for skateboarding videos and now fishing videos. I got the program along with photoshop for about $100 years ago. Then my dog ate the disc when he was a pup and my computer crashed so a buddy got a copy for me off pirates bay for free. I think you can get a bunch of tutorial vids off the internet too. It may a bit of a learning curve but the program can do some pretty amazing things. Winter is also when I do most of my editing as stated it is very time consuming. If I can figure out how to post my last video I'll try and get a copy on here.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Fishoholic wrote:.. If I can figure out how to post my last video I'll try and get a copy on here.
Up it to youtube. Use the Youtube button when posting a message. I will try to post a tutorial on how to post youtube videos this morning.
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Problem is I have the video in my "video" section of my iPhone (like iTunes but the movie tab instead of the music tab) but when I try to upload to YouTube it only lets me upload from my camera roll (photos and vids that where taken with my iPhone).it won't let me upload edited videos from my video list because it's not in my camera roll and I can't figure out how to. I don't have internet on computer at home and network at work is really limited. Computers aren't my forte haha. Maybe I can tether my phone to computer or get it uploaded at a buddies house or something.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Fishoholic wrote:...I don't have internet on computer at home ...
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Fishoholic wrote:.... so a buddy got a copy for me off pirates bay for free...
What's Pirate Bay :?: :?: :shock: :D
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

Haven't had it for a couple years now and can't say I miss it. More time to go fishin and more money in my pocket!

Pirates bay is a secluded little bay tucked in off the Ottawa where the seedy fisherman go to pillage and plunder.

Hey Swampdonkey, if ya wanted to come out to Kanata one week night I could give you a basic tutorial to get you started and you can go from there. Making videos can get addicting haha, you start working on one and next thing you know 5 hours have gone by in the blink of an eye.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Fishoholic wrote:Haven't had it for a couple years now and can't say I miss it. More time to go fishin and more money in my pocket!

Pirates bay is a secluded little bay tucked in off the Ottawa where the seedy fisherman go to pillage and plunder.

Hey Swampdonkey, if ya wanted to come out to Kanata one week night I could give you a basic tutorial to get you started and you can go from there. Making videos can get addicting haha, you start working on one and next thing you know 5 hours have gone by in the blink of an eye.
Just pullin' yer chain! Not that strange. There must be at least 10s of people just like you in Canada... not so uncommon!

Craig
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

hahahaha funny guy lol
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BradGuenette »

Go Pro Studio is a great option, also nice that its free!
Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
whoodatguy
Participant
Participant

Post by whoodatguy »

BradGuenette wrote:Go Pro Studio is a great option, also nice that its free!
Exactly! They also have templates that you can follow. Its very simple to use and lots of how to youtube videos.
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

GoPro studio has all the power you need.
It is fast, efficient and can get your videos out very quickly. It parses your video very quickly in comparison to loading it in Adobe or other software programs.

And all comments above are correct 3rd party software works, yet it can be a little overwhelming with the learning curve.
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

i haven't used gopro editing software so can't comment on that but it all depends on what you want. I've used windows movie maker before and you could slap a bunch of clips together in a jiff but are limited in effects and stuff. If you want to make movies with all kinds of effects and whatnot the big name editing programs can do it all. It's pretty amazing what you can do with Adobe. With that being said I'm sure there are some free programs out there that can do some pretty awesome stuff as well, I jut don't have any experience with them. Adobe has been the bees knees for me over the years.

If anyone has any vids they have edited from their gopro footy id love to see some clips on here!! If I can get mine up I'll put a link.