Thousand Island coverage

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Thousand Island coverage

Post by TheMaverick »

I’m simply amazed at the weights that are being bagged at the Thousand Island Open.
I mean 25.75lbs :o :o :o
Top 20 being over 20lbs :shock:

Good luck to all on day 2, looking forward to seeing the results!

1-Neil Farlow / Tom Streek 25.75 6.27
2-Mike Desforges / Derek Strub 24.92
3-Lenny Devos / Kevin VanAsseldonk 24.71
4-Jean-Charles Goulet / Anthony Arseneault 24.4 6.52
5-Chris Johnston / Lynn Johnston 25.2
6-Roger Tetreault / Pierre Senecal 22.33
7-Wayne Izumi / Joselyn Leung 22.09
8-Justin Mastin / Todd Fair 22.3
9-Joe Fonzi / Larry Mazur 22.19
10-Jeff Kerr / John Yancouus 21.68
11-Franklin Janzen / Emy Janzen 21.58
12-Charles Sim / Nigel Touhey 21.77
13-Bob Izumi / Darren Izumi 21.01
14-Todd Currie / Shawn Stenson 20.81
15-Brian Hughes / Bert Balas 20.78 5.12
16-Jason Gramada / Nicolas Gendron 21.69
17-Glenn Babineau / Aaron Wessels 20.96
18-Bryan Brunelle / Brian Lalonde 20.37
19-David Chong / Doug Brownridge 20.19
20-John Ebbers / Skip Lafreniere 20.01

If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
BradGuenette
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Thousand Island coverage

Post by BradGuenette »

Great weights for sure, but I wonder why the health of these fish are being overlooked.

Brad Guenette
Swimbait Canada
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

No brainer who's fishing the lake! Best of luck Lenny and Charles!!! Regarding early weigh-in... Scales should be open two hours early regardless of the heat and the amount of anglers fishing deep. Wow that's a shocker Brad!!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Below is the rule that pertains to the early weigh-in, this is from the 1000 Island Open 2015 Rules and Regulations.
So yes, there is one.

An early weigh-in period will be available from 2:00 to 2:30 pm during each qualifying tournament for the teams wishing to be off the water before 4:00 pm. Only those boats which can be safely processed during that period will be accepted under the discretion of the TD. Once that period has elapsed, the remaining boats (if any) will be obligated to proceed (at 4:00 pm) with the standard weigh-in protocol and following their block assignments. The tournament director will inspect the fish during the “early weigh-in” but reserves the right to hold any fish to be checked by the official fish inspector at 4:00 pm.

In an emergency situation where teams are unable to remain at the tournament head quarters until 2:00 pm, the team’s fish will be securely contained with water, and placed in an aerated holding tank or the live release boat (if available). These fish will be weighed during the “early weigh-in” commencing at 2pm. In an emergency situation where teams arrive after 2:45 pm and cannot remain at tournaments head quarters till 4:00 pm, the team’s fish will be securely contained with water, and placed in an aerated holding tank or the live release boat to be weighed at 4:00 pm. In either situation, Renegade Bass will exercise the greatest reasonable care however the Association can not assume responsibility for the fish. The team(s) in question will always be ultimately responsible for any dead fish and subsequently will be assessed any applicable penalties at the time of inspection and weigh-in
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Thousand Islands is an amazing place. I once sent an ex-girlfriend on a trip there!!! One week on each island. Haven't seen her since!!!!

Sure looks like the temperature drop might help keep those fish healthy.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Is Lake O in play? If so not sure why 1000 islands has anything to do with it. The weights are impressive but it's the same guys in the top 20 as always with relatively the same weight. The Elite series is taking place also right now & Lake O is off limits I'm impressed with some of the weights there although was expecting a little more.
BTW if Lake O is off limits also for this tourney I'm also impressed! I'm pulling for Lenny & Kevin! Kevin is a local boy or was!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

riverdog wrote:Is Lake O in play? If so not sure why 1000 islands has anything to do with it. The weights are impressive but it's the same guys in the top 20 as always with relatively the same weight. The Elite series is taking place also right now & Lake O is off limits I'm impressed with some of the weights there although was expecting a little more.
BTW if Lake O is off limits also for this tourney I'm also impressed! I'm pulling for Lenny & Kevin! Kevin is a local boy or was!
Might be wrong, but CBAF is also on the St-Lawrence.

#YouStillGottaCath'em ;)
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

TheMaverick wrote:
riverdog wrote:Is Lake O in play? If so not sure why 1000 islands has anything to do with it. The weights are impressive but it's the same guys in the top 20 as always with relatively the same weight. The Elite series is taking place also right now & Lake O is off limits I'm impressed with some of the weights there although was expecting a little more.
Might be wrong, but CBAF is also on the St-Lawrence.

#YouStillGottaCath'em ;)

Not to go back & forth but it seems like the same guys always at the top when Lake O is in play whether it be Renegade, Shootout, Quinte...etc. I would like to see a tourney held in Brockville with Lake O off limits then we may see a change in the names...maybe! Still very impressive weights!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

riverdog wrote:
Not to go back & forth but it seems like the same guys always at the top when Lake O is in play whether it be Renegade, Shootout, Quinte...etc. I would like to see a tourney held in Brockville with Lake O off limits then we may see a change in the names...maybe! Still very impressive weights!
Those in the top ten usually spend lots of time on the water.
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

riverdog wrote:
No matter where they launch you'll see the cream rise to the top on the river. There's a reason those guys are always up there, they're good.

RJ
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Those Johnstons I tell ya. Best bass anglers in the country.
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

RJ wrote:
riverdog wrote:
No matter where they launch you'll see the cream rise to the top on the river. There's a reason those guys are always up there, they're good.

RJ
agreed ! Those guys have the time in on the water, any one of 'em could bag 30 lbs. On day 2,
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Lots of guys have lots of time on the water, reality is some are just better at fishing tournaments than others.

What blows me away with the Johnstons is the consistency. They never have a bad tournament it seems and that goes for any body of water.

Pound and half lead after day 2, might as well start the engraving now.

RJ