South March Highlands

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jtown5454
Participant
Participant

South March Highlands

Post by jtown5454 »

Hey all, im new to fishing the area and have been using google earth to try to find some good shore fishing spots. i see there is a decent sized pool of water in South March Highlands in Kanata and am wondering if anyone thinks there is any fish in it? i have been out there jogging and mountain biking a while ago but never bothered to stop and check it out. wondering if it is worth heading out there on my bike with some fishing gear?
kliven
Participant
Participant

Re: South March Highlands

Post by kliven »

Never fished in the highlands before, but I'm willing to bet the bodies of water there are way to shallow to hold fish (I could well be wrong though!)

If you're looking for shore spots aroudn the area, I've heard Shirley's Bay is good for catfish in the evenings. I often go there on my canoe and have a blast, but I've never shore fished there.
jtown5454
Participant
Participant

Post by jtown5454 »

thanks for the feedback. i actually took my two year old to Shirley's Bay on Saturday just to scope it out for shore fishing. seemed quite shallow and flat and since i am not use to fishing that type of water i opted to go to Almonte at the bottom of the rapids instead the next morning. i did not catch a thing so maybe i should have tried it. if anyone has any pointers for shore fishing Shirley's plase let me know. like good spots or what fish are there and good lures to use for them.
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

Try Constance lake near Dunrobin if you can make it there. We use to go rent a row boat there and the fishing was okay :-)
kliven
Participant
Participant

Post by kliven »

Constance lake is pretty great! Lots of largemouth in there last time I was there. Only problem is that you can't fish from shore there, and you have to either rent a boat or bring your own.