re-intro and first report

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
charv
Participant
Participant

re-intro and first report

Post by charv »

Hi all, my name is Charlie and I'm from Ottawa. Long time reader and this is my first fishing report so here it goes.
This is a summary of how my season has been so far this year. Opening weekend my wife rented a cottage on the St. Lawrence. The fishing was slow, watched lots of fish cruising but none were interested until my PB smallmouth at 5.8 lbs. The next day my young lad and I got out first thing in the morning for a couple of hours and got a couple of 3.5lbers while hooking more but landing them not so much. All those fish were caught on a Zoom swimming fluke. We also spent some time in Sandbanks area and got out for a little bit the weather was not great. My son who is 7 finally got the hang of casting and retrieving this year and caught his first largemouth. He caught that one on a Zoom fluke. a buddy and I went after work for a couple of hours to Mississippi lake a week or so ago, caught lots of numbers in the 1-1.5lb range with the best one below
Sorry it doesn't look like the last pic is going to go through. Thanks for reading and hope the rest of the season goes as well as the beginning.
Thanks Charlie
Attachments
my PB of 5.8 lbs
my PB of 5.8 lbs
DSC_0306 (640x428).jpg (169.92 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
a 3.6 lbs
a 3.6 lbs
charlie i phone 302 (480x640).jpg (137.96 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
my sons first largie all by himself
my sons first largie all by himself
charlie i phone 308 (480x640).jpg (155.73 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: re-intro and first report

Post by lape0019 »

Welcome aboard and nice report!
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Post by Hank Jr »

Nice pictures thanks for the report
PòóF
Participant
Participant

Post by PòóF »

Welcome! Some really nice Fish you caught!