MS Bassin 2015

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

MS Bassin 2015

Post by lape0019 »

Just went to check the registered teams and there is already a full field! I look forward to this event every year and always have a blast!

Hope to see a few of you out there! It supports a great cause.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MS Bassin 2015

Post by RJ »

So happy for Matt and his team, a sold out field 2 weeks from the event. That's awesome.

See yas there.

RJ
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Im in again this year after a few years off. I have the new boat and livewells that work so hopefully we have a better fish than the last time. Last time we were in this was three years ago and my buddy got sun stroke and we had to leave around 2pm with only two fish caught as well. To this day I tell him I was glad cause going in to weigh in 4lbs of bass would have been an embarrasment. This year the goal is top 10. That is the goal now hopefully the plan will work out. Oh the plan you ask?? Well it is to follow a few of you guys around and fish right off your bow!! Hows that for fishing etiquette!!! 8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I do believe this is the first time MS Bassin has sold out "so far out" from the event. As my wife is one of the volunteers who was canvassing for prizes, I can say there are some pretty sweet items up for grabs in the silent auction or hidden weight areas. Can't wait to see what The organizers decide to do with them!

And Pete, that is a pretty hefty goal! My only goal is to do better than the last two years and weigh in 5 fish. This event is always a fun time.

As a secondary goal, I would like to weigh in more than them pesky Dufours and this ShawnD fellow. I've been hit and miss the last few years with this one but am hoping to change that this year.
PòóF
Participant
Participant

Post by PòóF »

I can't wait! My buddy and I signed up and This is our third tournament so we're both pretty excited and have set a goal of not coming in last and atleast 5 fish... But For a great cause it doesn't matter how we do! looking forward to meeting a few of you!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Poof,

Look for me and river monster in the Bass Tracker 190TX. Pretty sure we will be the only ones on a boat like that as o haven't seen too many around. I'll also be sporting an FH cap I picked up today at paddletales.

RJ and Fatluke, great job designing that cap. Looks great and fits well. It's hard to find a low rise hat these days!
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

almontefisher wrote:To this day I tell him I was glad cause going in to weigh in 4lbs of bass would have been an embarrasment.
Been there done that ... Some of you will recall ... :wink:
Weighed in one 4.99 Bass on a back to back Renegade series in 2014. :(
I would feel more embarrassed by not weighing in. 8)

Our MS Bassin tournament number, by special request, is
Team 28
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
PòóF
Participant
Participant

Post by PòóF »

Sounds good lape! Almost positive their will be a lot of FH hats.
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Shawn and his cousin Steph are easy to find.
They are in the Phoenix full of bananas.

BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

:lol:
Let's just start with a 5 fish limit LOL
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

I missed last year due to a scheduling conflict but fished the first two MS Bassin's and will be there again this year. Our goal is modest - weigh in 5 fish and get over 9.99 lbs total. Not sure if we'll accomplish that or not given we never fish the waters outside of MS Bassin' but we'll have fun supporting the cause and regardless of how the fishing turns out, we can always look forward to the apres BBQ.
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Yes that seems like a loafty goal but if I set a goal just to weigh in 5 fish then it is a little goal and why set a little goal to achieve when you can set loafty ones and try to reach it. Top ten I know is a huge way out but why not set it at that.

Keep in mind I have only fished this river 3 times in my life and have caught 5 bass total...lol. Top 10 here I come!! lol
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Really happy to hear it's now sold out! Awesome! :D

I didn't manage to pair up with anyone this year, but I hope to make the BBQ after tho if I can find a ride out there~

Best of luck to all of you guys out there!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Tia,

If you can make the trip out there, the BBQ and silent auction are great! I'm sure you would find something to bid on!
PòóF
Participant
Participant

Post by PòóF »

Top 10 is a big goal.. I'll be happy to just weigh in! This will be my third time on the rideau :? Little nervous going up against some of you... A lot nervous lol but lots of fun to be had!