Crankbaits

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Ramblinman
Participant
Participant

Crankbaits

Post by Ramblinman »

Out of all my baits lately I have barely used my crankbaits for a while.
Anybody throwing them and what are your go to favorites.
Never Surrender
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Crankbaits

Post by lape0019 »

I've been collecting them for years but have only recently started using them.

I am using mostly square bills at the moment and what has been tied on most of the time. A Megabass S Crank 1.2 has been tied on for most of the summer in their secret gill pattern. I do not know if it works better that the strike kings I have but I definitely have confidence in it.
tbone1088
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by tbone1088 »

I really like rapala crankbaits they catch multiple species. Specifically the shadow rap has been killer and also the classic shad rap works year after year. The other ones I use alot are the kvd series, mainly the red eye shad, and for pike the berkley flicker shads work good.
HotelTango
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HotelTango »

I throw Cranks all the time. I dont really have any that outshine the others this year, but in general square bills have been doing better for me. With fall coming I think that will change and I will have to use my deep diving cranks more.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure about you.
azabache
Participant
Participant

Post by azabache »

I usually use KVD's 1.5 chartreuse/black back pattern but really like the river to sea biggie Smalls square bills I got this year. I also lucked out in a great collection from a Fishhawker early this year, mostly the Bluegill patterns anything with white under belly seems to attract fish. Mostly fishing in shallow water (3-5 ft. ) the square bills can feel the bottom structure easily, but they do get snagged especially under the logs of the Bronson st. Bridge..used to use the Bomber 4a's too, but not so much this year.

The other crank bait I am using again is the BIg O cotton Cordell , pike seems to like this , especially in White or Pearl pattern 8)

In next few weeks I will be trying out a few Japanese Imakatsu Co. Cranks my co worker is bringing back from Japan.I think he said they are called Scarebrow 48's? Must be the size...

Anyway , hope this helps.

Azabache & Junior.