PEI Fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
reboot
Participant
Participant

PEI Fishing

Post by reboot »

I'm going to PEI in a couple days and would love to know if anybody here would be able to share some tips for fishing on the island. So far, I have a trip booked with Waypoint 04 for deep sea fishing and am bringing my fly rod for a couple trout creeks listed on their provincial fishing site. Besides those two small trips, I'm not sure if there's any other fishing opportunities. I tried checking online for more info but I could barely find anything... Any information or tips will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Dekker500
Participant
Participant

Re: PEI Fishing

Post by Dekker500 »

I traveled there last summer, and took a few hours to try my hand fishing - but had no luck. Fishing licenses can be purchased online, with a license for the family being only $15 for a week's period (if memory serves).

To find a spot, we looked for roads that crossed streams/rivers near our campground, and found one that was a dirt/gravel road, and when we got there we were surprised it also had an official gravel boat launch. Fished from the launch, and from the bridge (one car per hour, not busy). Sorry, can't recall the region! River was still/slow though, so maybe not optimal, but the purpose of our trip was not really fishing, so we didn't want to take longer to find a hole.

Good luck!
Norttell
Participant
Participant

Re: PEI Fishing

Post by Norttell »

Topics like this, it seems to indicate that many stories are going well.