2015 FHBOVT RULES

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

2015 FHBOVT RULES

Post by almontefisher »

2015 BOARD ONLY VIRTUAL TOURNEY

“OFFICIAL” RULES!

1) ONE FISH ENTERED IN TOURNEY WITH THREE UPGRADES “CULL ” BEFORE END OF WEEK. UPGRADES ARE REPLACING YOUR CURRENT ENTRY WITH ONE LARGER OR SMALLER BUT THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
2) INDIVIDUAL SCORES ONLY..CAN FISH WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU WANT BUT ALL RESULTS ARE INDIVIDUAL
3) ON SHORE OR BY BOAT,KAYAK, CANOE FLOAT TUBE ETC ALLOWED..So basically if you can catch a bass it counts (LEGALITY OF FISHING AND MNR RULES WILL APPLY)
4) STARTS FIRST OF MONTH (SEPT 1ST ) AND RUNS TILL END OF MONTH ( SEPT 30TH)
5) ALL ENTRIES WILL BE FOR LENGTH ONLY AND WILL REQUIRE TWO PHOTO’S. ONE OF YOU HOLDING FISH WITH ASSIGNED ID IN PHOTO AND ONE WITH TAPE MEASURE AND FISH LYING FLAT SHOWING LENGTH AND ASSIGNED ID.
6) LENGTH IS FROM TIP OF TAIL TO TIP OF MOUTH AND NO STRETCHING THE FISH FOR MORE LENGTH
7) TOP FISH IN EACH OF LARGE MOUTH BASS AND SMALL MOUTH BASS WILL WIN FOR THE WEEK ( KIDS WILL BE ONLY ONES WINNING PRIZES THIS YEAR ) WITH TOP LENGTH AT END OF MONTH BEING THE FHBOVT GRAND CHAMPION!!

** FHBOVT GRAND CHAMPIONS WILL WIN A PRIZE PACK OF SOME SORTS ADULTS AND KIDS ****

8 - THERE IS AN ADULT CATEGORY AND CHILDRENS. CHILDRENS IS FROM AGE 0-14
9) FISHING WITHIN 2 HOURS OF OTTAWA ONLY AND QUEBEC IS ALLOWED AS WELL.
10) FINAL DECISIONS ARE BY ALMONTEFISHER AND WILL REMAIN FINAL. THIS IS FOR FUN.
11) I WILL MAKE ERRORS AND THAT WILL NEED TO BE EXPECTED AND ACCEPTABLE TO ALL. IF YOU CAN NOT PLAY NICELY OR SORT OF NON COMPETITIVE THEN THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.
12) AT END OF TOURNEY A TALLY WILL BE POSTED WITH THE INDIVIDUAL LENGTH AND WHO IT IS.
13) I WILL START CONTEST AT 7AM SEPT 1ST AND CUT OFF CONTEST AT 8PM ON SEPT 31ST
14) PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AT THE FINAL GET TOGETHER IN OCT TBD. AT THIS TIME WE WILL GET TOGETHER FOR A 4 HOUR FISH AND GREET AND THEN WE WILL MEET FOR FOOD AND BEVERAGES AT THE SELECTED LOCATION TO HAND OUT PRIZES. IF YOU ARE A NON BOATER WE WILL TRY AND GET BOATERS TO LET YOU GO WITH THEM IF THEY HAVE ROOM.

REMEMBER THIS IS FOR FUN AND TO MEET FELLOW BOARD MEMBERS. ANYONE FOUND NOT TO BE HAVING FUN WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE NEXT EVENT. AS ALWAYS GUYS KEEP IT HONEST, FUN AND TAKE YOUR KIDS OUT TO FISH!
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: 2015 FHBOVT RULES

Post by Oneeleven »

'ANYONE FOUND NOT TO BE HAVING FUN WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE NEXT EVENT'

haha :lol: Y'SIR!!
merc40
Participant
Participant

Post by merc40 »

New to Fish-Hawk and was just wondering what is meant by assigned ID with the two photos?
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

merc40 wrote:New to Fish-Hawk and was just wondering what is meant by assigned ID with the two photos?

hey Merc40. If you sign up to participate in the FHBOVT ( Fish-Hawk Board only Virtual Tourney ) you will assigned a unique ID that is registered to you only. You will need to write this down on a peice of paper and in each of the two pictures you will need to show this ID in it. This way I can validate that the bass was not caught 5 years ago from southern Florida. Especially if it comes in at 26"...lol.

Oh and welcome to FH!

ORWL
azabache
Participant
Participant

Post by azabache »

almontefisher wrote:
merc40 wrote:New to Fish-Hawk and was just wondering what is meant by assigned ID with the two photos?

hey Merc40. If you sign up to participate in the FHBOVT ( Fish-Hawk Board only Virtual Tourney ) you will assigned a unique ID that is registered to you only. You will need to write this down on a peice of paper and in each of the two pictures you will need to show this ID in it. This way I can validate that the bass was not caught 5 years ago from southern Florida. Especially if it comes in at 26"...lol.

Oh and welcome to FH!

Almontefisher , when do we get the ID's?

Thanks,

Azabache & Junior
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

azabache wrote: Almontefisher , when do we get the ID's?
Thanks,
Azabache & Junior
I would assume not before late on Aug. 31st or in the wee hours of Sept. 1st,
since that's when it actually starts. :wink:
Can't have anyone cranking out scads of pics with the "code word" in them
between now and the "Official Launch" of the tourney!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Cyber is correct. Aug 31 at 8pm I will post your ID code.

ORWL
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Just so those of you who were not in this last year this is how I want you to send in the pictures. Two pictures one of you holding fish and code in it and second one with measurement and code.

I will have a new thread titled FHBOVT 2015 Entry Pics. Put your two pictures in there. Make a little post of the day too if you want. We all love fishing stories.

ORWL
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

I have a template at work I will post tomorrow. You will just need to print it off, if you choose to use it.

Last year I laminated mine. Helped with it not getting destroyed and blown around while taking photos.

I'm also more than happy to laminate yours for you, but you'd need to pick it up from me in downtown Ottawa.

Stay tuned.

Tia
clint
Participant
Participant

Post by clint »

Oneeleven wrote:
I'm also more than happy to laminate yours for you, but you'd need to pick it up from me in downtown Ottawa.

Tia
If this isn't a suitable option for anyone, don't forget that clear packing tape makes for a good poor mans laminate.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

Ok so to set the record straight I don't care if the tail is pinching or not. Pinching the tail gets you more length in my opinion and that is why I told lvace he could do it however. I will accept either way but final length is determined by the organizing committee. If you measured at 19" and we see 18" then it is 18" and you better go out and catch a ton of bass and practice your camera skills. This is a fun tourney remember and if someone gets all worked up because lvace or anyone else catches a brute of a pig well so be it. Anyway lvace it's your choice what you want to do but if one of the tourney committee was there at the time then that makes it even easier.

So either way is good to measure. I myself will pinch and roll it out with a rolling pin.

ORWL
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

I would like to join in can i get some info in hiw to sign up
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures