Boat Lauch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Boat Lauch

Post by Wally »

Hi guys, was thinking of going for Lakers next weeks near my cottage at Lac-ste-marie.A few lake cross my mind like Lac poisons Blanc,Lac Pich,Lac 31 Milles,or
Lac rodnick,do they all have lakers any public boat launch on these lakes .Can anybody give me a bit of info on those lake like what type of fish species and where
are the boat lauch. New in that area so any info would be appreciated......Thanks....Wally
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Boat Lauch

Post by smitty55 »

Personally, I like Pemichangan. Nice lake, not too big, with a decent Laker and Smallie population. Good launch right on the Point Comfort road with lots of parking just up the road.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Wally »

Thanks Smitty
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Wally wrote:A few lake cross my mind like Lac poisons Blanc,Lac Pich,Lac 31 Milles,or
Lac rodnick,do they all have lakers any public boat launch on these lakes .Can anybody give me a bit of info on those lake like what type of fish species and where
are the boat lauch. New in that area so any info would be appreciated......Thanks....Wally
Poisson blanc has a great ramp, google lac campion, it has a great ramp, massive parking lot and this baie/lake connects to the poisson blanc's maine lake part..
It's got Smallies, Largies, Walleye, Pike not sure about lakers.

Lac 31 miles, I've heard about there being a ramp but I have no clue where it is.

Rodick Lake, my home lake, has a private ramp at the Campground but you can't park there, it's a 5 or 10$ fee but that's only to use the ramp..
I'm also going to mention the laker fishing is poor.. My dad fishes for them a lot and rarely comes back with any..
You'll find lots of Bass there, Pike, Walleye, Lakers, the Odd white fish ( Caught two in my entire life .. ) Carp, Sturgeon ..

Good luck!

Shawn.D
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Wally »

Thanks Shawn.