Wendover lodging

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Wade
Participant
Participant

Wendover lodging

Post by Wade »

I want to fish the Ottawa River near Wendover and can't see many motels in the area. Can anyone recommend one nearby? Also, is there a good boat launch in the area?

Thanks.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Wendover lodging

Post by fishin mission »

Wendover has a great boat launch its down the road from the caisse populaire on highway 17 as for motels don't know that one !
WhitESOX
Participant
Participant

Post by WhitESOX »

Hi Wade,

Nothing in Wendover that I am aware of, but Rockland is only 8 minutes to the west and has the River Rock Inn. Can't vouch for it myself but I drive by it regularly and it looks clean. Wendover has a quality concrete ramp at the end of Ave du Quai, though if you stay in Rockland you may prefer to use the ramp at the end of Edwards St. - driving on the river is usually more fun than the 17.

Good luck!

Al
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Yannick Loranger »

just up the road from the launch. http://www.ogenetbedandbreakfast.com/en/index.asp
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
Wade
Participant
Participant

Post by Wade »

That's great - thanks for the info. My map software doesn't show ramps nearby but I figured they had to be there. I have wanted to try for muskies there for a long time. Hopefully, I get up there soon.