“We’re in your Corner” fundraising tournament: Lake St. Fran

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Re: “We’re in your Corner” fundraising tournament: Lake St.

Post by BobbyJordan »

Tia - the good news is even if he doesn't put it on you don't need to run far from the launch to catch them! Plus nothing warms you up like an angry 5 pound smallie on the end of your line. You got your nickel largie, let's see you follow it up with an even bigger smallie! Glad to see we are getting some people coming out.
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Alby »

I'm on call for the Heart Institute on Monday. Otherwise, I'd definitely be attending.
Once again, the whole "work" thing is putting the brakes on my social life...

Good luck at the tournament fellas, and great initiative Bobby. Sure hope Charles and the Robinson family get a boost from your event ;)

Alby
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Check out this weather forecast for Cornwall!
IMG_1895.JPG
IMG_1895.JPG (707.16 KiB) Viewed 5296 times
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I'm fishing another tournament on Round Lake Monday but would like to make a donation for Charles and Mark on behalf of Anthony and I. Please let me know how this can be done!
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Tip-up...Wow!! That's the spirit. Good on you bud! If you like you can send me an e-mail transfer to bobbyjordanbassin@gmail.com Unless I hear otherwise I will split your donation 50/50 and ensure it is in the envelopes! Good karma to you for your Round Lake event!!!
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Just a quick update. With 4 days to go we have about 30 boats that have said they will be there. This means the payouts are getting good and we will be able to provide some good support for our cause. There's still lots of room and we'd love to see a bunch of Fish-Hawk members there. The weather looks great (showing 21 degrees and sunny for monday!) and the fishing will be just as good.

I'm happy to say that the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters are bringing their tournament scales to ensure a good weigh-in. My thanks to the members of OVSB for voting to support our event.

Mark Robinson's best friend was in to see him at the hospital last night and let him know about the support. It really boosted Mark's spirits to know a bunch of people, many who may not even know him, we're willing to support his family during this time.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

That's awesome Bobby!

Hope you can get a few more boats but even if you don't, that is a respectable amount of boats for any tournament!
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Wow!!
That's awesome Bobby.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

This is flat out Awesome. Hope the weather is great! I'm guiding otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat.

RJ
shaker2015
Participant
Participant

Post by shaker2015 »

I'm in!!!!! 22c, sun and a good breeze,,,, work Sat. and Sun. and fish Monday, can we show up by boat!
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Show up by any means you can! If you come by boat just make sure you check in and register. Be safe coming across the water it will be dark at that time. Glad you can make it. It is going to be a beauty day at 22 degrees!! Had a few more committing to fish today. I think we will have a solid size field on Monday!
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Had a couple more commit for Monday. Looks like we will have a great turn out. Also, Jamie Antoine will be at the registration table Monday a.m. Selling drop shot weights and pro packs of x-zone slammers (several colours available). Jamie will be donating 30% of his sales to support Charles and Mark. Thanks Jamie and to everyone that is coming out on Monday. Weather is still looking awesome. Looking forward to seeing all of you on Monday.
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

I think Monday’s event can be deemed a success. We had 21 boats show up, which was fewer than I had hoped, but still pretty good considering the short notice and the fact that it was a long weekend. I know at least a few teams were worried about the wind forecast, but it really wasn’t that bad out there…and the weather was awesome! I didn’t think it was possible to get a sunburn in mid-October, but I was wrong!

I want to say a big thanks to the 21 teams that came out to support the Robinson family and Charles. Together we were able to raise $660 for each of them, hopefully lightening the burden for the Robinson family and helping a fishing dream come true for Charles.

I want to give a big thanks to the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters, and in particular Tim Baker for bringing their scales for a great weigh-in. Also a big thanks to Mark Hamelin, Charles Sim, and John Dallaire for their help in running the day with everything from boat checks to operating the scales and helping me make sure I didn’t let all the cash blow away in the wind.

While the fishing proved to be tougher than expected, there were still some huge bass caught, including a 26 pound bag by Lenny Devos and Jeff Magee that was anchored by a 6.18 behemoth! Their day earned them $830 for the win and another $210 for the lunker. In second was Will Clute who cashed $530 with his 20.35 pound limit fishing solo. Kevin Mcphee and Tim Boileau took home $320 for third place with 18.20 pounds. As the first team to finish outside the money, Simon Lavictoire and Pascal Docoeur won the Shimano stradic FJ reel donated by Charles.

Full Results:
1. Lenny Devos & Jeff Magee 26.09 (BF 6.18)
2. Will Clute 20.35
3. Kevin Mcphee & Tim Boileau 18.20
4. Simon Lavictoire & Pascal Docoeur 18.05
5. Bobby Jordan & John Dallaire 17.68 (BF 4.68)
6. Mark Hamelin & Trevor Sinnett 17.51
7. Duane Clifton & Dave Western 16.69 (BF 4.52)
8. Pierre Lafrance & Jason Daoust 15.56
9. Mark Baker & Eric Ming 15.36
10. Charles Sim & Nigel Touhey 14.97 (BF 5.85)
11. Tim Baker & Dawn McLaren 12.27 (BF 5.01)
12. Dale McNair & Lorne Sugrue 12.17
13. Shaw Dompierre & Tia Mason 2.91
14. Chris Derouin & Adam Badeen DNW
15. Alex Bull & Eric Lepage DNW
16. Syl Leduc & Mel Martel DNW
17. Matt Loudon & Trevor Weagent DNW
18. John Belliveau & Chris Burton DNW
19. Paul Vrooman & Jen Couchesne DNW
20. Dan Faubert & Fiona Mahon DNW
21. Dave weatherall & Dave Steen DNW
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Thanks for putting this on Bobby, I had a very difficult day of fishing but it happens....
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Bobby... I think you missed a '2' in front of the '2.91" for Shawn's and my total weight... :lol:

It was still a learning day, and in the end - we started to find what worked. To me, albeit small, it's a success. Next time if we can manage to do that a few hours earlier... maybe we'd catch a limit. :mrgreen: :cry:

It was great seeing everyone and thanks to Bobby for whipping up a fun event in a super-short amount of time