“We’re in your Corner” fundraising tournament: Lake St. Fran

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

“We’re in your Corner” fundraising tournament: Lake St. Fran

Post by BobbyJordan »

Thanksgiving Monday I am holding a fundraising Bass tournament to show our support for 2 fellow anglers in need of some assistance, although for very different reasons.

As most of you know, local Charles Sim has recently qualified as one of 50 anglers who will compete in the B.A.S.S. National Championship in Louisiana on the Ouchita River. If Charles beats the 8 other anglers in his division at the National Championship he will secure a berth in the 2016 Bassmaster Classic – yes, the BASSMASTER CLASSIC – the Super Bowl of Bass Fishing - and he has a 1 in 9 chance of going!! Charles has a plan to travel down for practice as well as for the tournament, which is held the first week of November. There are a lot of expenses in traveling and participating in this event, especially with the current state of the Canadian dollar. We are hoping to help Charles raise some money so that Canadians are given the best opportunity to have one of our own qualify for the Classic.

Another member of our fishing fraternity is also in need. Mark Robinson, a contender anywhere he fished and a past Berkley B1 Champion is facing a whole other battle. Mark underwent a heart transplant several weeks ago and has been hospitalized for more than 2 months now. Mark is in the Heart Institute in Ottawa and his wife and kids are in Prescott. Mark’s family tries to make the trip to visit him every day, but with all of the extra costs of travelling to visit him in the hospital his family needs some help. With everything else this family is dealing with money should not need to be an extra worry. Help us relieve some of this burden on the Robinsons. Note that donations to the Robinson family can also be made at Paddletales in Winchester, ON.

This tournament is really about fun and showing our support for our fishing comrades. It’s not about who wins, so if you have a boat and like to fish please come out and help us show these guys that we are in their corner, cheering them on and supporting them every step of the way. This is a great way to show your support for your fellow anglers, I hope you will join us.

Tournament Details:

Monday, October 12, 2015. Cornwall Launch, Lake St. Francis.

Entry Fee is $140 per team (1 or 2 anglers), payable by cash only on the day of the event. You can pre-register by sending an e-mail cash transfer to bobbyjordanbassin@gmail.com

$30 from each entry fee will go to Charles and $30 will go to the Robinsons.

Optional Big Fish Pool - $10 per team, and 100% payback for biggest fish. Lunker must be alive to be weighed as big fish.

Rules:

Hours are from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. Be at the launch by 6 a.m. to check-in and register.
5 fish limit (smallmouth and largemouth bass only)
Only artificial lures are allowed
Lifejackets must be worn when main motor is running and kill switch must be attached to the driver.
Penalties:
- 1 pound penalty for each minute late.
- 0.5 pound penalty for each dead fish

Sample Payouts:
10 Teams: pays out top 2 positions ($500 first, $300 second)
20 teams: Pays out top 3 positions ($800 first, $500 second, $300 third)
30 teams: Pays out top 4 positions ($1,000 first, $600 second, $500 third, $300 fourth)
40 teams: Pays out top 5 positions ($1,200 first, $750 second, $550 third, $400 fourth, $300 fifth)
50 teams: Pays out top 6 positions ($1,400 first, $900 second, $560 third, $460 fourth, $380 fifth, $300 sixth)

** Charles is also donating one Shimano Stradic FJ reel for the first team out of the money.
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Re: “We’re in your Corner” fundraising tournament: Lake St.

Post by badbass72 »

Awesome idea and great of you to take this on Bobby. Sadly I work a weekend of nights and won't be able to make it but I will try spread the word
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I moved this to Fishing Talk for max exposure Bobby. Great on ya for doing this!

RJ
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I hope you get a lot of boats out but unfortunately for me, we already have plans that weekend. Should be a fun time for all that attend though!
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Damn, were in Quebec for a wedding and won't be back until Monday afternoon. Good going though Bobby. Hope you get a great turnout.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

Thanks all. I hope a bunch of you can make it to support these 2 guys. Already have a handful of teams committing to be there. This is a great time of year to catch an absolute giant out on St. Francis. If anyone is looking for a partner please post below whether you are a boater looking for someone to join you or if you are looking for a boater to fish with. I'm also willing to help any new teams unfamiliar with St. Francis with some good areas to find fish. The goal is to get as many people out as we can.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

I'm in Bobby, I've got Oneeleven ( Tia ) with me.
Last edited by ShawnD on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Fellas, I'm looking for a co-angler willing to share costs and do this tournament with me.

It's a good cause and will effect many lives and it would be nice to go fishing on a Monday :wink: :lol:

EDIT: CO Found!
Last edited by ShawnD on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Looking for a partner Bobby...I have a few messages out...waiting for a reply

Phil
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

CUZ.

Ever heard the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing"?

RJ
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Last edited by ShawnD on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I personally commend Bobby for doing something to help raise funds for both of these individuals.

Both are great causes for entirely different reasons and I would enter if I didn't already have plans.

As part of OVSB, I am elated to hear one of our very own has a 1 in 9 shot at making the bassmaster classic and will do what I can to support him.

As for Marc, I have met him a few times and his situation is downright terrible. I will be dropping something off at paddletales when I can.

In the end, this is more than many people are willing to do and shows what type of individual Bobby truly is.
BobbyJordan
Participant
Participant

Post by BobbyJordan »

I can confirm that neither Charles nor the Robinson family have asked for any help. I saw an opportunity for the fishing community to step up and show some support for 2 people in very unique situations and I wanted to help. For one it was to help a dream come true and for the other it was just a nice way that I could help someone in a bad situation. I did confirm with both before announcing this that they would be open to the idea. Both were surprised and gracious for the support. Now, let's shift the conversation away from the negative and talk about who's going to be there, what the biggest fish is going to be etc. There is always something negative to bring up if you go looking for it, this event is mostly about the positives take a look and you will see that. Please come out and fish, have some fun and know that in either case you are going to have a positive impact on someone.
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

ShawnD wrote:I'm in Bobby, I've got Oneeleven ( Tia ) with me.
:banana-stoner:

I've always wanted a reason to use the "banana-stoner" smilie....

I'm very grateful for your selection of a dual-console, right-about-now..
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Oneeleven wrote:
ShawnD wrote:I'm in Bobby, I've got Oneeleven ( Tia ) with me.
:banana-stoner:

I've always wanted a reason to use the "banana-stoner" smilie....

I'm very grateful for your selection of a dual-console, right-about-now..
Hahahaha! You still need to convince him to run it! Although he has it, he rarely puts it on so good luck! :D :D :D :D