Gar, Lakers and Smallies...Catchin' up!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gar, Lakers and Smallies...Catchin' up!

Post by RJ »

Been a whirlwind late Summer and Fall for me. By far our most successful guiding season business wise. Best part is very little advertising, all word of mouth and repeat business. Give people an experience every trip whether the fishing is awesome or not and they want to come back, something I take great pride in providing.

Gar:

2015 could have been our best season ever on the Gar, over 120 fish netted with 17 over 50 inches. The longest fish I've ever laid my hands on also made it aboard the Lund at 57 inches.

This Father/Son team were a pleasure to guide. Great sticks!

A full report is on our site with more from our Gar season here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... the-books/

Lakers:

The Lakers were hot to trot this summer on the jig. A couple double digit days numbers wise in the mix. Bigger fish seemed scarce except for a beauty Birdee landed one afternoon. LOTS of 3.5 lb fish that show a successful future for this fishery.

Repeat client Ryan and his Pops from PA joined me for a mixed bag day. Lakers in the AM then switched to Bass. This was a double header for them...

Birdee's Duker.

More pics from our Laker season here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... ker-laker/

Smallies:

We've also done more than a few trips for Smallies. People just love these plump suckas! The Dropshot has been deadly.

Muskies have been decent too this Fall, I'll do a report on that once done in a month or so. A few more Smallie trips on the books yet too...

RJ
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Gar, Lakers and Smallies...Catchin' up!

Post by BigC »

Looks like you had a great summer even with being on the shelf for some of it. Can't wait for the "decent" muskie report sure there will be a couple gems in there as well.
Heisenbass
Participant
Participant

Post by Heisenbass »

Those are some great looking fish! Awesome!!
Martin
BAA 2016 - Team 22
Fishing 24/7
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Fishing 24/7 »

dude!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Heisenbass wrote:Those are some great looking fish! Awesome!!
That's for sure. Congrats on a banner year Rob. Goes to show you're doing it the right way.

That's a real, real nice Grey Birdee caught. For any water. And she's passing it down to Ariel too. Good stuff.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
kingb_44
Participant
Participant

Post by kingb_44 »

RJ,

Patti was excited to see her picture made the cut.

Thanks
King
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

kingb_44 wrote:RJ,

Patti was excited to see her picture made the cut.

Thanks
King
Patti's fish would surely make the cut! See you both again next year! Good Luck on the hunt.

RJ
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Seen a few of these pics throughout the season... putting them into one thread shows a pattern of successful outings.
Some fine catches gracing the gunnels again this year. Being rather partial to jigging Lakers... I gotta say... Birdee's laker is a superb specimen!

Tip of the hat Rob