Fall Fishin'....

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fall Fishin'....

Post by RJ »

This has been a bit of an odd Fall on the water for me. It's either been feast or famine!

Muskies were great until early Oct and then disappeared on me, will be adjusting that for next year without a doubt with a move to the Ottawa off the Rideau come mid Oct. Still put a few fish in the boat but fell short of my expectations. The fish win sometimes... :lol:

This was a Double Father/Son booking. These are always fun. Having both the boys boat their first was great to see.

With guiding season coming to an end it became time to fun fish. The past week I spent a day out with two buddies and then one with my Pops. Both great days that will certainly help leave great memories in my mind as winter comes....

Crappies, Largies and Smallies. Done. A second 15 inch Crappie in the Lund for me this season, that's a personal highlight for my year!

Capping off the week was a crazy day yesterday on the St. Lawrence. RJ Sr put together a 5 fish limit near 22 lbs in 5 hours fishing. Dropshotting in 24-32 FOW.

May get out next week again with the weather looking ok, if not that's ok too. It's been one helluva year.

RJ
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Fall Fishin'....

Post by banjo »

Nice fish.
I had 2 great multiple musky days during the week before Thanksgiving, but then it dried up, similar to your experience. Great to see I wasn't alone. :D I had days when I caught more muskies than shot ducks...figure that out.
I have been in hunting mode since then, but looking forward to some ice.
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

Great pics .. it has been a very good fall. Weather is supposed to be 10 or above all week next week .. a little rain and wind Wed and Thurs but other than that looks perfect ... so glad I didn't put the boat away early.
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Big jerkbaits catching slabs haha, wicked report guys! I need to get that off my bucket list
Cy
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

There's a sight for sore eyes!!!!

Nice stuff RJ!

Craig
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

cprince wrote:There's a sight for sore eyes!!!!

Nice stuff RJ!

Craig
Ears too Craig! Sorry Brian, Craig put it on the tee and I slammed it outta the park :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJ
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Great fishing as usual Rob.. those crappie are impressive!
theDL
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by theDL »

Great report RJ, nice mixed bad :D
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Make fun of my ears will ya.
All the better to hear those finned friends of mine swimming by my lures.
Who else has gone out this late in the fall and slammed as many fish as I have, other than Art Cunningham.
Going to try and reach 700 hook-ups for the month of November, currently just shy of 500 over the gunnels of the Little LUND.
Found many crappies, and Large mouth bass.
It's been a HOOT out on the Water.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

plowjock wrote: Art Cunningham.

Who ??? :?: :? :?
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

That's a sweet fall for ya man!!

I would seriously rethink, your rethinking, of thinking that the Ottawa would be a better choice in the later fall. Bad thoughts, really bad, especially this year.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Relic wrote:That's a sweet fall for ya man!!

I would seriously rethink, your rethinking, of thinking that the Ottawa would be a better choice in the later fall. Bad thoughts, really bad, especially this year.
After talking to a handful of fellas, you're right. Seems to be tough all over. Hateful fish.

RJ
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Great report RJ,

I was out the last two weekends searching for bass and managed over 100 over the side in 2 days on the water. Fished with two different guys and now the three of us truly understand what people mean when they talk about fall fishin!

Coupled with those 100 or so bass were a ton of crappie. And just like you guys, they were caught on the jerkbait as well! I was amazed at how hard they hit! Had a couple over 15" for sure and kept a few for the frying pan. My boat unfortunately is going away this weekend and my soft water season is over. All in all, it was great though and I'm glad to see you guys are having good luck as well.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Anybody else still out pounding soft water?
Fish are still active, but really slowed down.
Water temps in Low 40's
Found another 13 yesterday, sunny, calm water for a change.
See ya'll Friday night.