Late Fall Fishing.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
matto25
Participant
Participant

Late Fall Fishing.

Post by matto25 »

Hey guys,

I recently brought one of my boats back home to Ottawa from up north and I'm looking for good areas on Clayton Lake, Rideau River and Ottawa River to catch some walleye this late in the season... Perhaps someone is kind enough to give me one or two spots to start with and get me going shooting in the dark can take a long time!! If there is another lake that is good for Walleye i'd love to know!

Much appreciated everyone!

Matt
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Late Fall Fishing.

Post by RJ »

Welcome to FH Matt.

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that is going to point you to an exact location to fish, especially for Walleye. All three of those bodies of water you listed can have their day, I haven't heard any reports from them in a bit though. Add Mississippi Lake to that list as well I'd say, even the St. Lawrence.

I've bumped into Walleye in all those bodies of water while fishing Smallies late season, so edges and old weed beds near those edges can still be hot at this time of year.

RJ