A SLAVE GUIDE'S STORY.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: A SLAVE GUIDE'S STORY.

Post by BigC »

Keep doing what you're doing dood! It seems to be paying off for you.

Only way that could have been any better would have been if some where along the line you had gotten to flatten a truck tire.
davetran
Participant
Participant

Post by davetran »

Terrific story, Moosebunk. That was a great read and your photos are really first rate. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's inspiring!
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

I honestly fell asleep while reading this post only to wake up & finish it. Sounds like a crazy, fun & fast paced job Bunk!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

zippyfx wrote:How can each of you reports be a trip of a life time !? Those are monster lakers, and I just love that grayling!
Thanks Zip! :wink: Every report but this one is a trip of a lifetime. Guiding and reporting on Great Slave was my first "work" of a lifetime. Both one helluva long and hard process, and totally worth it.
Bigcvin wrote:Excellent story. Very jealous of all of the photos.
Thanks man! Don't be hating, be happy. 8)
davetran wrote:Terrific story, Moosebunk. That was a great read and your photos are really first rate. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's inspiring!
Thanks! Best first post anyone could ever make. :D :D :lol: New Fish-Hawk member to remember is this guy DaveTran! 8) 8)
BigC wrote:Keep doing what you're doing dood! It seems to be paying off for you.

Only way that could have been any better would have been if some where along the line you had gotten to flatten a truck tire.
Nobody would have believed the story after that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
iankrzyzanowski wrote:I can honestly say this is the longest report I have ever read.... but it was worth it. That's quite a recap, so much so I don't even no what to say. Some truly amazing fish and stories there bunkster. Those lakers are just something else! Sorry to hear about your families loss! Its never easy and couldn't have been easy for you not there being there! I'm missing the steelies to!
Thanks Ian. Would enjoy hitting up the steel with ya, and it'd be easy to do if I was around and you got the day pass. Appreciate the sentiments too, going to be a strange Christmas without her this year. Keep in touch man.
Laker_Taker wrote:Awesome Mr. Bunker! Going to have to give it a more thorough read @ home. Not a bad office you had there this summer!
Read it Fra!!! Read it!!! Put the munchkins or your lab rats to bed, sit back, relax, and come along bud. :lol:
scuro wrote:I stayed up way past my bedtime to finish er....well over an hour of reading. She's all Bunk and a beauty of a report...probably your best. :)
Keep em coming and thanks so much for sharing. :D
You've surely read them all Chris, and right through from top to bottom. If you say probably my best, I'm gonna accept that with a smile my friend. Thanks.
Walleye'm Fishing wrote:Just a crazy awesome adventure right there!!! Those lakers are just unbelievable... You sure spoiled that father-son duo, way to go!
And you know what, they spoiled me too. As it was said before, you can't guide without the guests. Everyone just loses then. Keith and Ty made that short first 60 hour work week on the water the most fun job I've ever started. :)
riverdog wrote:I honestly fell asleep while reading this post only to wake up & finish it. Sounds like a crazy, fun & fast paced job Bunk!
Go ahead then... read it a second time. Study it. There'll be a quiz on friday. Try not to sleep through that. :P :P :lol: Thanks RD!
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

That was fantastic.
There's a 'truck tire' at any job, and it sound like you handled it all well.
As always, I thoroughly enjoyed the read, and felt like I was along for the ride. Thanks.
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

banjo wrote:There's a 'truck tire' at any job, and it sound like you handled it all well..
Yeah... often enough on both accounts there. :lol:
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by zeke13 »

Terrific recount of your adventures .. I've read this three times now and I'm still speechless. Hands down the best single season I've ever read about .. thanks for sharing.
PMac
Participant
Participant

Post by PMac »

The gauntlet has been thrown down. Incredible report!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

zeke13 wrote:Terrific recount of your adventures .. I've read this three times now and I'm still speechless. Hands down the best single season I've ever read about .. thanks for sharing.
Thanks Zeke. Cool coming from a fella who's had a heck of a season himself.
PMac wrote:The gauntlet has been thrown down. Incredible report!
Haven't heard anything about "the gauntlet" being thrown down or even having to "run the gauntlet" for about 20 years. You must be give or take about 40 years old... and had gone to highschool in the valley? 8)
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

This was the report I have been waiting for.............but I was not smart enough to come here and look for it. :roll:

FABULOUS report, bud, and thanks for posting it!

As for Truck Tire aka Dogmeat, he seriously needs an attitude adjustment session................

Doug
Last edited by Doug on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

Thanks for sharing, Always amazed at your trip's and stories, and the penmanship is always as equal!
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Doug wrote:This was the report I have been waiting for.............but I was not smart enough to come here and look for it. :roll:
Honestly did wonder a time or two where the Hell ya were Doug! :lol: :lol: In the deer stand? Knee deep in some fall pannies? Did ya get your beard caught in some backwoods snare? :lol: As you know the Slave is a purdy slick fishery, and we do it justice. :wink: Glad you finally found your way and wits to stumble on the report, and thanks!
Mike P wrote:Thanks for sharing, Always amazed at your trip's and stories, and the penmanship is always as equal!
Coming home from Nunavut now Mike, trust me, while up north there was a day or two I hit up "Sell Off Vacations.com" punched in Los Cabos and started dreaming of weather 80C warmer than the arctic blow is here. Some doradohhh guns dood!!! :lol: :wink:
Doug
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Doug »

Back to Bunk.............Yes indeed I have been hunting pretty hard all fall. I had a spectacular goose hunt before Thanksgiving, and have been in the woods pretty much since then for moose, bear and deer. Lucky I put some goose meat in the freezer, it has been track soup so far on the big game. :roll:

And the boat did not get back into the water after 23 June.............

Instead of winterizing it and putting it into storage I guess I should be fishing lakers on Loughborough right now!

Doug
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Enjoyed the report Bunk!! Read it a few times, absorbing the story, pics and the fantastic lakers.
With some dissonance... guiding work vs enjoyment. Slave is on the bucket list here.
But for this cat... would be enjoyment not work. No truck tires...

Thanks again for sharing your adventures
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Doug wrote:Back to Bunk.............Yes indeed I have been hunting pretty hard all fall. I had a spectacular goose hunt before Thanksgiving, and have been in the woods pretty much since then for moose, bear and deer. Lucky I put some goose meat in the freezer, it has been track soup so far on the big game. :roll: And the boat did not get back into the water after 23 June............. Instead of winterizing it and putting it into storage I guess I should be fishing lakers on Loughborough right now!
Boat fishing lakers could be kinda cool right now. 15C coming Thursday I hear too.

Sounds like an exceptional fall playing outside Doug... despite losing out on the big game. Can't believe the boat didn't come back out again all summer tho!
Out4trout wrote:Enjoyed the report Bunk!! Read it a few times, absorbing the story, pics and the fantastic lakers. With some dissonance... guiding work vs enjoyment. Slave is on the bucket list here. But for this cat... would be enjoyment not work. No truck tires...Thanks again for sharing your adventures
I'll say this Len...
It's bucket list great fishing on Slave however you want to make it happen, but don't let life pass ya by to the point you can't go. I know Doug is interested in going back to do it again... And you know, while I still think to maybe guide there again you two should make it there together, co-ordinate dates, plans and gear with me and, we fish 5:00am to 5:00pm every day. You enjoy lodge spoilings in the mornings and evenings with a good bed at night, you can even slip out again around the lodge if you want after hours, or cast lakers and grayling from shore. You want to go on big tour and sleep under the stars for a night or two, we just go. At least with me you'll know who you're getting and that I'll want you on fish and a good time. No better chance, now's the time doods! 2016!!! See ya there. :wink:

Two days travel and just in from Nunavut yesterday. May have some more pics kicking around for this report seeings as how it's still kicking around here.