2015 has left the building

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

2015 has left the building

Post by bradford2 »

Ok, so not yet, but it feels that way already. Simply put, 2015 was an amazing year for this guy. May as well start right at the beginning...

Ice fishing was the standard affair this year although I didn't get out much. Did the usual thing catching the usual fish. A few highlights are below.

April was nearing it's end. The ice was gone but the boat was still dry. I was chasing these guys and got this big tom opening day. Tried a few more hunts for his buddy but never punched the 2nd tag.

Summer eventually rolled around and that means one thing. Trailer time. Getting a trailer was the best decision we ever made and I just can't come close to explaining how amazing it is. It's all about the 4 F's. Fishing, food, family and fun. All in one spot.

The fishing isn't always easy but we have certainly be doing ok.

Here's a double header the little guy and I got within 100 yards of a couple guys on a pontoon. He kept yelling 'Two of them!' and got a standing ovation haha.

Couple of lake PB's for me this year....

A rainy afternoon pig we caught in some pretty big chop. Put a huge smile on that kids face for sure.

Boys weekend walleye. I got it right under Dans feet and he was some pleased :lol:

That same weekend, Dan caught a chunky 4lb smallie and let it go. A week later, I caught it again. And a week after that, I caught it a third time! C&R clearly works...

Being 100% honest though, the fishing pales in comparison to the rest of trailer life. We eat, uh, pretty good there...

I'll be fat forever and I'm more than ok with that. Damn. I want some right now haha :lol:
Of course family and fun go hand in hand and we never miss an opportunity to have people visit.

Double double headers with gramps one day, and fishing with these two for a week was surely a highlight.

One of the top moments of the year though was definitely when I had Grams and Gramps alone in the boat for a few hours one afternoon. We boated 7 fish over 3.5 lbs and Grams got 2 of them herself. It was like she was a little kid again, and watching the two of them together was a site to see. 50+ years married and he doted on her the whole time in the boat and helped her with the fish. It was awesome to watch.

And of course the biggest part of the fun is the fact that the kids love it there so much. Living in a townhouse with a small backyard sucks to say the least, and this is a huge escape for them.

Fall typically means one thing and one thing only for me. Deer hunting. Yah I do try and fish a bit, but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking deer.
I took Matthew on my annual trip to my dads in Michigan. It was a great time and he loved it, but sadly this was the only deer that got shot.

I eventually sealed the deal though and capped of one amazing year. Amazing deer and an amazing experience.

Like I said in the beginning, 2015 was amazing and that's the only way to look at it.
I am truly blessed with such great family and friends and to be able to spend so much time doing what I love.

Can't wait for 2016!!!
Last edited by bradford2 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: 2015 has left the building

Post by zeke13 »

Fantastic year, great story .. love the pics especially with the kids .. moments they'll never forget!!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Great post Brad. Some fine fish there and the family times are certainly the most rewarding.

That looks like a dandy buck. Looks like a broken brow tine. Is there a good story to go with it? Rifle of bow?

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Right on Brad! Best year end report in my opinion but I'm a sucker for multi specie reports & food! Maybe we'll see you at Tims this winter fingers crossed for early ice.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Awesome year for ya Brad, you sure got your kids onto some quality fish!
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

It seemed like every time you put up a fish pic this past winter and summer it was a giant! I loved seeing the ones with your little ones the most though. Their smiles say it all!

Hoping to take you up on that dinner offer and Im working on that trailer idea at least once a week with Emma. May need to step it up to 3 times a week! :lol:
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Quality fish !
Those look like some happy kids.

Nice report!

Shawn.D
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Quality fish !
Those look like some happy kids.

Nice report!

Shawn.D
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Fantastic report Brad.
One of only a few real OUTDOORSMEN. Fishing and hunting and being very successful.
Great seeing 3 generations all enjoying the LIFE and good times.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Great all round report.
You had be at 'bacon wrapped things' :D
It is good to see that all aspects of the outdoors are being celebrated.
BTW... I bet when us humans aren't around , frogs take turns riding that bass with a hump like a horse :lol: :shock:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Parenting done right. 100% right.

Good on ya Brad.

RJ
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Great year of family and outdoor fun, Brad! It's nice to see your kids growing up in that environment too!

Hey I went to the Opeongo Resort many years ago too. Great Walleye and Smallmouth adventure!

Happy Holidays!

Jeff
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Thanks gang! Yes the kids pics are the best for sure, and I love that they are in to it. They are already asking when we are going back haha.
Will definitely get them on the ice this year, whenever that may be lol.

Smitty it was a good buck for sure, definitely in my top 3. My first with a muzzy to boot. Yah it broke that brow off some time between Nov 12 and Nov 24. Fighting no doubt, there were a few other big ones in the area. I'm already scouting them out for next year :D
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

You certainly picked a great place to park the trailer!

I'm hungry now..... :D
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Yep, this report has 'BBQ' pictures all over it lol. Got to love the trailer life, got to love the outdoor life! Great post Brad!