2016 Fishing Goals??

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

2016 Fishing Goals??

Post by RJ »

What is on tap for you for 2016? New Species? Taking a crack at a new PB? Fishing first tournament?

Curious what everyone has planned!

RJ
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: 2016 Fishing Goals??

Post by Wallyboss »

Only one plan for me and it's to be able to go more often than this year.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Netman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Netman »

Sold my boat, motor and trailer in the summer of 2014 and have been stuck on shore ever since. Only got out in a boat once this year for bass opener. Getting a new ride is my goal for 2016. I tell people it feels like part of me died not having my boat
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Going in to my 18th year at Renegade Bass and it's high time we won one. I've won other tournaments, but never Renegade. This is the year.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Troller
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Troller »

My goal is to at least duplicate the absolutely awesome year I had fishing on my lake.
Also, I would like to make a couple of more road trips to other bodies of water.
I successfully did a few "I take you fishing at my lake and you take me fishing on your lake." Sort of like a home and home series :)
Had a blast!
Thanks for asking and good fishing in 2016!
Cheers.
Dave
Olivier Livernoche
Participant
Participant

Post by Olivier Livernoche »

Hopefullly fish a few shootout series as well as the new renegade tournaments with the 150 hp restriction.......Maybe a FLW tournament as well. Fished 5 shootout events last year with closest finish to the money being about 1.5 pounds away.

Can't wait to get the year started....lol

Good luck to all this winter

Olivier
Jimmy_1
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Jimmy_1 »

My goals this year are very simple.

Fish more.

Spend time fishing with family and friends and to get out with new people and LEARN.

No ego, no spot revealing etc.

Just time out enjoying it.

If PBs occur great. If not, still time well spent.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Once again I'll be looking to land that elusive 5 lb smallie from somewhere other than the St Lawrence or Lake Ontario. There were six of them put in my boat this year and none of them were hooked by me..... :cry: :lol:
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

I hope to get Owen out in the boat even more! Fish as much as possible targeting as many species as possible. So many fishes, so little time!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Well,

Looking to fish a different tournament series and learn something from a new partner.

I want to break the 5lb mark on a largie. I've hit 4 a few times but never a 5...
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

A bunch off the top of my head..

1. Catch my first musky.
2. Throw the crankbait more
3. Nipigon
anilr1
Participant
Participant

Post by anilr1 »

I live in south-east Ontario. I grew up fishing at Rice Lake with my pops. Haven't really been fishing in 2015 due to work commitments and a few unforseen family troubles but hoping for that to change in 2016. Now my sons old enough to enjoy it, I want to take him to the lake for some fishing. I prefer June onwards as there's more variety there and the weathers better for a family outing. I do want to head over once the cold weathers subsided though early spring as I'm itching to get back out there. Just ordered some rods and all the other gear from a for sale site on the net so we're ready and prepared for the first signs of spring. All being well, we'll get chance to fish somewhere further a field to if I work doesn't end-up being as full-on this year. Eitherway, i've promised myself to make the effort this year and make the most of the free weekends, spending some quality time fishing with the boy. Looking forward to 2016, may it be a good year for all fellow fishers.
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

So many fish and so little time, but here's what i'm thinking.

1. Fish more. It's about time I marked 2 days a week on the calendar to fish and make sure I actually do it rather than saying I'm too busy.

2. Fish new water. Going to the same places over and over gets un-adventurous. Going to try new spots and see some new country.

3. Fish with more people. Looking forward to inviting more friends out to enjoy the outdoors and good times.

4. Give back. Last summer I did some stream rehabilitation work with a conservation group. I learned a lot and made some new friends. Really should do more of it.
plowjock
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by plowjock »

Catch my first 16 inch crappie.
Put over 1000 fish over the gunnels of my Lund from October 1 to end of November 2016.
Get a few more Fish-Hawk people out and into catching numbers and quality of fish.
Give an honest effort using a spy bait, had a few lads out this past year and I got schooled by them and their spyisms. PBAB
Hope soft water arrives shortly, so I can get some spring fishing in.
PMac
Participant
Participant

Post by PMac »

My goal this year is more of a broad stroke, Fish Smarter.
It is easy to become comfortable in what you do, even lazy at times.
This year I will put a lot of effort in analyzing what I'm doing and pushing myself beyond what I am comfortable doing.
My other goal is to scare the hell out of my fishing partner the way he did to me last year :)