Shirley's bay 2016

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
fishingcarpenter
Participant
Participant

Re: Shirley's bay 2016

Post by fishingcarpenter »

Yakster wrote:Thanks to the guys giving us a hand at the Shirley's ramp with the final push getting the "condo" on the trailer.
That may have been me and my buddies... Were you the guy with the ecodiesel and the big trailer?

Took my shack off today, ice conditions were way better than expected, went about as well as it could go! Was pretty upset with some of the garbage left behind... I can understand if a few things get frozen in but one shack left a reallly big mess, cleaned up what I could grab and scored myself a 5 gallon bucket lol.

Looking forward to softwater! Hopefully it stays warm!
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Yakster »

Yep, that was me with the Eco Diesel...the hut made the hour and twenty road trip to it summer home.
ya sure get some odd looks on the 416...lol
kanabetrumpet
Participant
Participant

Post by kanabetrumpet »

Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking about going out to shirleys on foot tomorrow. Do you think the ice will hold up still? The ramp definitely doesn't seem welcoming.
Cheers,

KT (I don't care what kind of fish it is, I'm just glad to catch it)
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

kanabetrumpet wrote:Hey Everyone,

I'm thinking about going out to shirleys on foot tomorrow. Do you think the ice will hold up still? The ramp definitely doesn't seem welcoming.
With still a foot of good ice left there shouldn't be any problem at all, specially on foot.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
fishingcarpenter
Participant
Participant

Post by fishingcarpenter »

Yakster wrote:Yep, that was me with the Eco Diesel...the hut made the hour and twenty road trip to it summer home.
ya sure get some odd looks on the 416...lol
Haha... Glad you made it!
Ragehunter
Participant
Participant

Post by Ragehunter »

So, does anybody know the ice conditions at Shirley's as of today, especially the ice along the shore?
I have not been out since March 5th and was hoping to get out one last time this weekend.
Let me know, folks!
Cheers!!!
I'll never apologize for being a hunter (or a fisherman)!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Ragehunter wrote:So, does anybody know the ice conditions at Shirley's as of today, especially the ice along the shore?
I have not been out since March 5th and was hoping to get out one last time this weekend.
Let me know, folks!
Cheers!!!
Not what folks want to hear but it's -12° the next few nights so we should be making ice.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter