Constance Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
reboot
Participant
Participant

Constance Lake

Post by reboot »

Hi all, I've got a few hours free on Monday and was thinking about heading out to Constance Lake for pannies. Does anyone know the ice conditions and thickness after that heat last weekend? Thanks in advance.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Constance Lake

Post by smitty55 »

Constance Lake is always the earliest ice. With 10-12 at Shirleys there will be lots. Probably drive a car out. Phone the lodge at 832-3695.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

smitty55 wrote:Constance Lake is always the earliest ice. With 10-12 at Shirleys there will be lots. Probably drive a car out. Phone the lodge at 832-3695.

Cheers
Not positive, but I think the Lodge is closed 'til some time in Feb. :(
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
reboot
Participant
Participant

Post by reboot »

Cool thanks I thought it was going to be safe but just wanted at least another person's opinion before heading that way... Tried calling the lodge but their voicemail said open again Feb... Not sure if I can drive my Mazda 3 out, especially it's not plowed lol
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Was out last week, there was about 7-8 inches of solid ice where i was. Pannies were biting!!!

Cy
BackwoodsFishing
Participant
Participant

Post by BackwoodsFishing »

Finally managed to get out on the ice this year yesterday. Only managed 2.5 hrs so I hit up Constance lake. Got afew perch to fry up and missed one pike. Nothing great. It always better to be out then at home. Ice was about 8-9.