Watching 39 hours?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watching 39 hours?

Post by RJ »

Hey fellas,

If you aren't watching this series on Youtube it's worth a look. Hatched by Aaron Weibe it pits 3 teams multi-species fishing across 3 provinces. Cool concept and entertaining.

Here's the first 3 episodes to check out.

Really enjoying this one. All I can think of while watching it is how Eastern Ontario could stack up in this type of thing. I truly think what we have in Eastern Ontario and the East end of Lake Ontario could compete VERY well in this scenario!

RJ
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Watching 39 hours?

Post by zippyfx »

Reel nice to see multi-species get some airtime. Love the way each of the teams is mixing it up.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

tks for the heads up Rob. What a refreshing change from the normal commercial filled tv fishing show. Watched the first two episodes last night and will definitely be following the rest. Only prob was that with my low bandwidth I couldn't load it in 1080p and had to watch at 720p. Still ok on full screen though.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Glad you're enjoying it Smitty, it's a cool deal. New Episodes come out Monday nights. We've been watching it on our new TV. Boxing Day deal on a 55 inch Smart TV. They shot it in HD so it's great.
smitty55 wrote: What a refreshing change from the normal commercial filled tv fishing show.
That's 100% the reason it's on youtube. Without the commercial aspect of any tv fishing show it'll never last. Airtime, production costs, travel etc. isn't cheap.

RJ
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

What an awesome show. My kids watch all kinds of "reality competitive" shows from cooking to travelling to cupcakes...

Was really great not only to have a "dad" show to watch, but the kids instantly got into this show too, each of us with our favourite team.

Awesome show and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next one.

I also learned a ton about some alternate presentations.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Love it!.
Already trying to plot out my optimum 39 hrs.. It might start in Algonquin and head south...or east... or North...:-) ;-)
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Been watching it since day 1, best show out there! I hope they keep it up
Cy
ipjrobson
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ipjrobson »

I haven't say down and watched that series yet, but I have been watching the Perch Pro series on KanalGratis.se which is pretty good.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

CyrusG wrote:Been watching it since day 1, best show out there! I hope they keep it up
Same here!

I am with Smitty on this too that it is great how NON commercial it is!

I hope they get the views to make some money so that this can be viable for a while!!
wishin I was Fishin
Participant
Participant

Post by wishin I was Fishin »

Anybody hear any rumors as to why episode 5 has not been released on time?
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

I absolutely love it!! It certainly shows the diversity this country has in fisning, especially in our great province
i got worms
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by i got worms »

Great show for sure, lots of laughs too. Gotta love youtube. Some others worthy of streaming: In Depth Outdoors, FLW Circuit Breaker and of course Mikeyballz.
I got 99 problems but a fish ain't one...
bradford2
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by bradford2 »

Friggen love it. Watched the first 4 twice, settling into number 5 right now.
Team Sask is my fav at the moment. Team ON makes me want to pull my hair out haha. Gotta wonder if they chose their teamates?
Maybe the show is edited to make Taro look bad... I know there's some history there lol!
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

Yeah, Taro is certainly a character. Love the show format.

I'll also second Indepth Outdoors. I find James Holst really breaks down techniques, presentation, rigging etc. really well.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Episodes 4 and 5.

Still a hoot to watch! I think Paul and Taro are the least prepared of the 3 teams, that's become apparent but they are still definitely in the running to win.

In Episode 5, I told Birdee Aaron will launch his boat, go to one area and pluck a BIG Crappie and leave. Too much!

One thing it really does illustrate is that despite how good these guys are on these bodies of water the fish win sometimes. Aaron and Manny figured they'd just pull up on a weedline and get their 40 plus inch Pike. Didn't happen after a few hours trying. That is a reality that I really enjoy them showing!

RJ