No Carp show this year...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

No Carp show this year...

Post by RJ »

Some may know this already but it's confirmed that there will no longer be a Carp Fishing show in April. The show is being moved to Richmond and will shrink. It will be more of a Gun Show than a fishing show as well.

Just an FYI...

RJ
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Re: No Carp show this year...

Post by Gord »

Not really that surprised. :| :|
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I was. The show was always well attended including last year. The fees associated with hosting it at Carp with the Barns and the Fairgrounds were getting out of hand, never mind the vendors who packed up and didn't pay their booth fee... :?

RJ
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Maybe that's why the booth fees were outrageous. Can't believe some showed and dashed....not good! We did it for three years and decided it wasn't worth it anymore. It sucks large for the angling community though! It was a rite of spring for many!! :(
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

We had good response to our small outboards,tohatsu and yamahas,up to 60hp, didn't know you could bail w/ out paying. We paid upfront.,loading and unloading heavy outboards on stands sucked, glad we didn't take boats.i wont miss it with the ottawa show coming up.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I will miss it. I always enjoyed going and spending money even though the local shops gave up on it. The last few years I always saved a hundred or so for musky baits from Protackle and always found something unique at JB's. Last year I found a few discounted lures called JigWobbler, from Sweden and it put smallmouth and my personal best Laker in the boat. Until I lost it. Hopefully local shops will still do their 'inhouse' no tax type thingies this spring. :lol: I always try and support local but shows make it easy to go booth to booth and spread the wealth.
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

are there any shows in Ottawa like the Bowmanville Tackle Swap? I love the idea of tourny guys selling used baits/gear and have spent quite a bit of money there in the past. It was great seeing Ed there last year
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Paddletales will be there.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

I always enjoyed the Carp show. Too bad.

What shows will there be around here this spring?
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Ottawa Boat and Sportsman Show is about it show wise.

Paddletales always has a spring event as well as Bennetts and Bait Casters have weekend sale events. They will all be posted here when the dates surface.

RJ
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Is that what's called the 'Outdoor and Adventure Travel Show' on March 19-20? I think it's at the EY centre near the airport.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Maple wrote:Is that what's called the 'Outdoor and Adventure Travel Show' on March 19-20? I think it's at the EY centre near the airport.
NO,

The show RJ is talking about in the post above is called the Ottawa Boat and Sportsman's show. Make no mistake. It is more of a boat show with many many cruisers and runnabouts. Its coming up on February 18-21, 2016

If you are talking about the Carp show, then it was called the Valley Fishing and Hunting show and it was traditionally at the Carp fairgrounds.

I honestly can't say I'm surprised this is not happening. With fewer and fewer vendors showing up, there wasn't much there last year that got me wanting to buy. I would have loved to stick around and listen to some of the speakers but with two small kids, it is kind of hard to do.
Maple
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Maple »

Good! thanks lapi0019

At least there will be 2 outdoors shows. I'll have to attend both just to make sure I don't miss anything.