Return from Big Cedar Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
iankrzyzanowski
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Return from Big Cedar Lake

Post by iankrzyzanowski »

Well what can I say, had a great time as usual in algonquin park up in big cedar lake... about a 4 hour drive towards North Bay!!

Went after them tricky lakers and for some smallie action to!!

Fishing was tough, and not to many lakers were caught!! Majority were caught on West River spoons, a few on Blue fox spoons and some on a quickfish!!

In total 4 lake trout were caught, numerous bass and two of the biggest lings I have ever seen! Its weird, I have been going up here for years and have never seen one, all of a sudden this year I go to the park twice and I see 3 of them!! Pretty ugly looking fish, but they fight nice and hard!!

Thanks to Big-O and Markus I know now how to use my downrigger!! Only problem is need to mount it somewhere on the boat which is a little more convenient! So needless to say I used the downrigger for all of 5 mins, the rest of the time my dad and I used Big penn trolling reels spooled up with leadcore line!

Great trip, was cold in the mornings and a nice big thundershower decided to sit on our tent on Wed night but other than that it was a great time!!

I promised to show banjo some pics so here they are!

Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Big Cedar:

Post by Jigs »

Ransome:

Those are some dandy fish. I'm just a tad envious :D

Heading up to APP on Mon. Going in on the East side near Pembroke, after bass. Would be nice if there were some lakers also, but I've been told not in this particular lake.

Glad you had a good trip. Nice to see success.

Regards: Jigs.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Ransome/Ransome SR.

Nice looking fish....great colors on the Lakers :!:Nice Smallie...how many of those brutes did you land?????? I think next season, we will be getting into a mess of them(trout)....more and more people are getting down riggers ...going to bigger waters, I can't wait till ...one day there will be 10 to 15 fish Hawk boats ,out down rigging for those great looking trout.....congrats to you and your Dad on a sucessful trip :D